They grow too fast *pics of 4wk old WH and Cayugas*

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by maralynn28, May 26, 2010.

1. maralynn28

maralynn28 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 4, 2010
    Corpus Christi, TX
    I can't believe how fast they are growing...
    We don't have a fenced yard so I've been reluctant to let them free range, but the day before last with all the family home to act as herders, we let them out. Even my pup was surprisingly excellent with the ducks and they didn't mind her unless she was running in THEIR direction (although not AT them). She circled them a few times and acted as a herding dog too...but was so sweet and gentle and gave them plenty of space.

[​IMG] I LOVE my pets!

Here are the duckies cuddling before their free time
    [​IMG]

What EXCELLENT slug catchers!!!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Looks like Luna was having a hard time with a GIANT slug...needed some water to help slurp it down.
    [​IMG]

Lola paying no mind to the duckies
    [​IMG]

My Ian and Beth hand feeding and HOLDING the ducks!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Had to get close ups of their pretty feathers!!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Is this pic heavy enough?...lol.

Last edited: May 26, 2010
  2. t4dbirds

t4dbirds Out Of The Brooder

Apr 25, 2010
    So cute. I love ducks but don't have a yard for them. Not to mention I love duck eggs [​IMG]

3. Bleenie

Bleenie Wyan-DO's

They grow TOO fast! I wanted to cry this morning when i went to the brooder and saw that my 2 goslings, Owen & Izzy, were starting to get feathers in!! [​IMG]

I just moved my older babies outside last night. I had to put them in the warm house first though, lol. it's been raining but they're going under the house like good, smart duckies ((so proud!)) [​IMG]

4. OmaBird

OmaBird Chillin' With My Peeps

May 10, 2010
    CA High Desert
    I think these are two of the varieties that I was sent in my assortment today. I always thought the WH are so pretty. I use to have both types years ago.

5. Wifezilla

Wifezilla Positively Ducky

Oct 2, 2008
    Colorado
    [​IMG]

6. chicken boy sam

chicken boy sam Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 21, 2009
    Which ones are males or females? I can tell that both WH are females.... I think..... Where did you get them????????

7. maralynn28

maralynn28 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 4, 2010
    Corpus Christi, TX
    Quote:They are all supposed to be female, they came from Metzer sexed but I ordered them through a feed store so there could be a mistake... as it is right now, I would be happy either way. I don't plan on having any more duckies but if they happened to breed I would have to try my hand at incubating...esp since they are looking so pretty![​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by