They grow up so fast

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by yoie, Mar 19, 2011.

1. yoie

yoie Chillin' With My Peeps

Yesterday morning I woke up to a total mess in the brooder. They knocked over all the water and most of the food, lets just say it was a mess [​IMG] My DH finished the coop the day before and that got me thinking, they have all that big space out there, so I put the bedding, food, water, and of course heat (DH wired up the coop for me) The first batch of chicks are 4 weeks and the second 2 weeks, both groups pretty much feathered out. Plus it got up to 80 here yesterday! One by one I placed them into thier new home, of course there was a little squabble over who was going to be top bird out there, I think Lolly the Naked Neck won. Then they all started scratching and rolling and running around, yea they like it [​IMG] I kept checking on them throughout the day and all was good. Then when night came I turned on the light/heat just in case it got to cool. Around 10pm I went out to check on them, they were all over the coop passed out. When I got up this morning looked into the coop, they all running around eating, my babies are all grown [​IMG] Good thing I have 8 new little chickies in the brooder [​IMG]

2. Happy Chooks

Happy Chooks Moderator Staff Member

Jul 9, 2009
    Northern CA
    My Coop
    Awwww, they're happy though!

They grow up so quick but seem to take forever to lay an egg!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by