They look like Mille Fleur de' Uccle but they have clean legs!? *PICS*

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by braeveokapi4, Aug 24, 2010.

1. braeveokapi4

braeveokapi4 Out Of The Brooder

Aug 23, 2010
    Pennsylvania
    Hi I have 19 chickens, some are rhode islands, one I believe is an auracana, one is a silver-penciled hamburg, and the others well thats where you come in. Here are some pics of a few of them. Help me please, thanks! I believe they may have some Mille Fleur origins but the clean legs throw me off. Hope these pics help the ID process...

In the first pic, you will see my rooster Chester with two hens (Gertrude and Anna) along with their own young, a pullet (Belle) and a rooster (Richard.)

[​IMG]

The next pic you will see my largest and I believe oldest hen, Josephine, perched on a ladder.

[​IMG]

These are two of my roosters too, they were brothers, Roadrunner (of whom died about a year ago for unknown reasons) is the one on the left and Petei is the one on the right.

[​IMG]

2. NellaBean

NellaBean Graceland Farms

Mar 4, 2009
    Broodyland, TN
    My Coop
    d'anvers?

3. texasgal

texasgal Brood with an Attitude

Apr 18, 2009
    They are just beautiful .. whatever they are!

4. NellaBean

NellaBean Graceland Farms

Mar 4, 2009
    Broodyland, TN
    My Coop
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2010
  5. braeveokapi4

braeveokapi4 Out Of The Brooder

Aug 23, 2010
    Pennsylvania
    Quote:It seems like a possibility, but they don't have that fluff on their face. They might be "mutts." They are still pretty though.

6. OutInTheStiks

OutInTheStiks Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 23, 2009
    Thorn Hill, TN
    Are they standard or bantams? In the top picture, the darker reds look like spangled game bantams, or at least part spangled game. The lighter colored ones look like mille fleur game bantams. The roos in the third picture appear to be some sort of spangled game bantam cross. They have partial spangled coloration but the rose combs seem to indicate a cross.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by