they made a mistake on my incubator order, let it go?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by taraann81, May 14, 2009.

1. taraann81

taraann81 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2009
    Ontario
    a few weeks ago I ordered a Hovabator genesis from the double R supply website. They said they would email me when the order was sent. Well they FINALLY sent me the confirmation email today but in it it said my order was a Brower tophatch incubator not a genesis. Has anyone ever used the brower top hatch? Is it an okay incubator. Or should I call them ASAP and have them fix it? I need this quickly. I don't want to wait another 2 weeks for them to fix the order and then wait for delivery. But I will if theh Brower is horrible.

2. old mill poultry

old mill poultry Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2009
    I think the brower is a very good incubator, but you probally should give them a call to clarify which one you are getting.

3. ChickenToes

ChickenToes Chillin' With My Peeps

May 14, 2008
    NE Wisconsin
    I would contact them ASAP.

4. taraann81

Apr 9, 2009
    Ontario
    Chickentoes would u call asap because the brower top hatch is horrible? Or just because they made a mistake?

5. kawonu

kawonu Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 27, 2008
    Western North Carolina
    I've bought a couple things from them. They have messed up on both orders. It took them forever to send my incubator. I got a Hova but I don't know anything about the Brower. I've since moved up to a cabinet incubator.

6. Wifezilla

Wifezilla Positively Ducky

Oct 2, 2008
    Colorado
    What she is basically asking is will this mistake work in her favor? Or should she call and demand her original order be fulfilled?

Is she accidentally getting a BETTER incubator???

(If so, I would zip my lip [​IMG] )

7. SundownWaterfowl

SundownWaterfowl Overrun With Chickens

I would also call. I dont know anything about the brower, but the genesis is a great incubator. I just got 2 of them about a week ago, and I love them. The temp stays right on 99.8-100.

8. wegotchickens

wegotchickens DownSouth D'Uccles & Silkies

Jul 5, 2007
    Sevier County, TN
    Opinions vary on the Brower. I think MissPrissy wou say get the Hovabator....

9. IggiMom

IggiMom Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2009
    West Virginia
    I read a post from someone who REALLY did not like the Brower. I have yet to hear from anyone that they didn't like the Genesis. Maybe if you did a search on it this post would come up.

I have a Genesis, but I am so new at it that what I think does not count.

I ordered the Genesis from Home and Barn Basics and waited and waited and waited, and emailed them, and called, and finally after a lot of time, cancelled the order. I then ordered a 1588 Genesis from ebay, I think it was Petdiscount or something like that. It was here in three days, brand new Genesis.

I did not get the turner because some nice person said that I could use my LG turner in it. I have not tried this yet but hopefully it will work. I'll put it in later today, because I have chicks coming tomorrow and I want it to be ready. If necessary I can use my LG as a hatcher.

But it saved me some money, not to have to get the turner.

10. taraann81

Apr 9, 2009
    Ontario
    Quote:This is exactly what I was wondering!

I did do a search and MOST people seem happy with the brower. I don't know.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by