1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

They made it...2 days early...lots of pics to come

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by kingpincray, Oct 6, 2010.

1. kingpincray

kingpincray Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 19, 2009
    Palmerston North
    Yesterday...

[​IMG]

this morning before I went to work

[​IMG]

and this is what I came home to... [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]

everyone made it and another 5 eggs to go that are a day or two behind...then another 5 eggs of the white campbell due next week... too much excitement

I am pleased that the hobavator is doing very well for me this time, pretty much 100% hatch except the one egg that aborted in the first week.

2. treldib

treldib Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 5, 2010
    Southern California
    Awesome news! [​IMG]

3. MysticalMom

MysticalMom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2009
    Congrats!! So much cuteness!!!!! I know and love that feeling of coming home to a bunch of newly hatched ducklings in the 'bator!! A warm fuzzy excited feeling in your heart. For me, that feeling waned after a few of weeks of brooder duty and came back the day they got to go outside.[​IMG] I'm almost jealous. Almost.[​IMG]

4. gofasterstripe

gofasterstripe Chillin' With My Peeps

Congratulations. Ive been lurking and watching your progress. Glad to see your new babies. You will have to keep us updated with pics. What breeds are they?

5. kingpincray

kingpincray Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 19, 2009
    Palmerston North
    Quote:They are rouen/pekin cross but I suspect some could be pure pekin...I bought the eggs from someone who run them together. I am breeding these for meat but two of them will go to a good home on my ex collegue's pond. I hope I don't get attached to them.... [​IMG]

6. FunnyBunnies12

FunnyBunnies12 Chillin' With My Peeps

OHH I'm excited for mine and I hope and pray nothing goes wrong with this one! I was bad, I didn't do lock down yesterday, but today the orginal scheduled day(26) I for sure am, the egg hasn't been rocking since the night before last that I've seen. But I did shine the candler in it but didn't touch the egg completely, then I put it up to my ear, and I could hear scratching or maybe pecking sounds. So, I think it's still working it's way to the shell. Because I don't see any external pipping yet. I hope I do, tonight will be 48hrs from the time I noticed internal/rocking. I hope I'm not missing the external pipping. My ducklings are Rouen/Runner cross.

Congrats!!!

7. FunnyBunnies12

FunnyBunnies12 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oh and I finally got the temp regulated to 99-100 and the humidity is at approximately 82% in the Hova Bator. So now that I have settings perfect, believe me and trust me, I promise, promise today is for sure lock down, well as of last night it was. Just hearing the scratching/chewing was reassuring to me. But shouldn't it be opened by tonight? 48hrs from internal pipping?

8. desertdarlene

desertdarlene Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 4, 2010
    San Diego
    Oh, congrats on your cute duckies!

9. Tartannik

Tartannik Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 21, 2009
    Wet Argyll, Scotland
    Much cuteness!!
    That first little crack on the egg is my very favourite thing!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by