THEY MADE IT ALIVE!!! More pics added

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by columbiacritter, May 13, 2009.

1. columbiacritter

columbiacritter Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 7, 2008
    Scappoose Oregon
    I drove to the post ofice even though they hadn't called, but no babies. The guy said they had a couple late trucks so not to give up hope. I was only half mile away to say the truck had arrived with a noisy box for ME!!!!

[​IMG]

They are all eating and drinking, no DOAs, I think they all might make it!

[​IMG]

The view from my desk through the clear rubbermaid container
    [​IMG]

A White Plymoth
    [​IMG]

The box taped to the side is my "Administrative Segregation Unit" for a barred rock that wouldn't stop pecking the japanese's eyes, really hard.

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 13, 2009
  2. CANDLE98

CANDLE98 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 29, 2008
    Meridian Idaho
    They are so sweet! What kind are they?

3. columbiacritter

Jun 7, 2008
    Scappoose Oregon
    barred rocks, plymouth rocks and two colors of Japanese bantams.

I was really worried the big chicks would moosh the JB's but they seem to be fine.

4. Pampered Hen

Pampered Hen Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2009
    Vermont
    Oh so happy for you!!! I have 40 coming next week and am already worried about their save arrival.

5. columbiacritter

Jun 7, 2008
    Scappoose Oregon
    These guys just sound so much better than the last batch that slowly died on me. Hardly any high pitched cheeping, just the quiet little burbly chick talk unless someone's getting stepped on.

I think some the the Japanese chicks are short leggers. All the shorties died onthe first try so my 3 survivors are tall.

6. toyzbox

toyzbox Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 27, 2009
    Crestview, Fl
    That is the greatest news [​IMG] The first round was heart breaking. But this is going to be better
    MORE PIC's MORE PIC's. [​IMG]

7. cochinbantam-lover

cochinbantam-lover Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2009
    Wisconsin
    I'm so happy for you!!! that's awesome!!! Have fun!! [​IMG]

8. columbiacritter

Jun 7, 2008
    Scappoose Oregon
    Everyone is home in the big brooder with the 3 weekers. It was funny after a few minutes of disorientation all the newbies went under the heat lamp and just crashed. They had all eaten so much and drank and run around all day. Now they could spread out and be really warm and full.

If I hadn't watched them just fold up and sleep I would have thought they'd all died.

My husband's out of town on business but he's called 3 times to see how they are doing and I've sent him lots of pics on email.

LOL!! I went down to check on them and every baby was sound asleep. Severla of them were doing the "Looking so dead" pose, but I could tell they were just sleeping.

[​IMG]

and their brooder mates the ugly teens, hard to believe they were cute fluffied three weeks ago.

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 13, 2009
  9. toyzbox

toyzbox Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 27, 2009
    Crestview, Fl
    I hate to admit it but they do lose some cute points after about 3 weeks. But I still love'em[​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

10. Kali

Kali Out Of The Brooder

May 3, 2009
    North Plains
    It was nice to meet you Christy and thanks for the two beautiful lil itty bitties! They made it home alright and are doing well [​IMG]
    Will give them a rest before I go snapping pix of 'em.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by