They make me smile.

Krichie82

In the Brooder
5 Years
Apr 9, 2014
After a stressful couple of days, I was sitting on my back stoop tossing some blueberries out to one of the neighborhood hens. She's one that's at the bottom of the pecking totem and doesn't get many of the treats we give out. So it was enjoyable to see her get something nice to nibble for a change. I heard some baby chickie noises coming from under the house. We have five chicks, that are about a month old on the property, so I expected to see them running over to get in on the blueberries. Instead, I was pleasantly surprised to see six brand new little babies following a mama hen around the corner. I didn't even know any of the hens were brooding! They were so adorable that I couldn't resist the opportunity to grab my camera and get some shots of the newcomers. I also got one shot of two of the older chicks practicing chicken-kwan-do :) Hope you enjoy. I sure do!

Nothing like mama hen and chicks to save the day, eh? I do love the sound of peeping chicks.

Yes, they are and we've fallen in love with them. Three of them have made nests on my back porch and two of them have gone broody so I'm expecting some new arrivals in the next week or so.

These little guys really do bring joy into my life. I never knew how much personality some chickens can have but they provide much needed entertainment.

All I can say is awwwwwwww.
love.gif

Back
Top Bottom