1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

They opened the door to the coop and let themselves in tonight!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by earnhardtlvr, Jun 5, 2011.

1. earnhardtlvr

earnhardtlvr Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2011
    Hagerstown, MD
    Ok...so today is a week since the girlies (and some suspect roo's) went out to the coop & run! [​IMG] First couple of days we were "chicken wrangling" to get them in the coop at night to go to bed. It has been getting easier each night and out of the 28 chicks have only had to "help" 3-4 find the coop. We normally let them out around 8am and put them to bed around 8:30pm. We close the coop just to b extra safe from predators at night. Tonight, we were relaxing and time got away from us. We went out around 8:40pm and they had somehow pushed the door open enough to get in the coop themselves! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] We only had to help 2 in tonight and I think they just didn't think they could fit in the door good enough! My girlies r so grown up!! [​IMG]

2. scratch'n'peck

scratch'n'peck Overrun With Chickens

Oct 31, 2008
    West Michigan
    My Coop
    They are creatures of habit, so they will probably be going in on their own from now on.[​IMG]

3. earnhardtlvr

earnhardtlvr Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2011
    Hagerstown, MD
    scratch'n'peck :

They are creatures of habit, so they will probably be going in on their own from now on.[​IMG]

We will still go out to latch the coop door...but it will b nice for the neighbors to NOT see us running around in the run chasing those crazy birds! [​IMG] The bantam's & the polish r SO FAST!! [​IMG] [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by