They said i'd never get there .............. But i did and we picked up the girls today

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Lucas Smith, Dec 14, 2013.

1. Lucas Smith

Lucas Smith Out Of The Brooder

Dec 27, 2010
    Well what a long time coming this was, 2 yrs but now i've finally finished
    My Little girl and I picked up 4 Barnevelders from Julie and Paul of Country Chickens today
    Well the Girls are 12 weeks old (1 might be a week older) and are pure breed Pullets
    Paul was fantastic with my little girl (she's 2 1/2) and took us to see the parents and then into the barn to show us the day olds, 2 week olds and 4 week olds
    To say my little girl Lilly was excited was an understatement

The girls seem to be settling in well but time will tell
    The auto window was fitted today ........... yes i did say an auto window .......... I fitted a auto greenhouse vent opener (cost $15 on Ebay) to one of the coop windows ......... it starts opening at 15 degrees C (59 F) and is fully open at 35 degrees C (95 F) and it started opening as it should today
    [​IMG]

Heres the coop and run
    I'll clean the mess up in front of the run tomorrow
    [​IMG]

And here are my Girls ........... Like a proud dad i am
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And My Lillte Pink Chicken
    [​IMG]

Next step is to make raised garden beds in front and on the side, these will wicking beds and i will grow vegetables and herbs for us and the girls

Last edited: Dec 14, 2013
  2. enola

enola Overrun With Chickens

They are all precious; especially the pink one!

3. sumi

sumi Égalité Staff Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Rep of Ireland
    Congrats! That is a lovely coop and run and beautiful chickens, especially the pink one [​IMG] I hope you and your little one have many wonderful years ahead with your feathered friends.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by