They say I'm having a girl...*pics*

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by NewHopePoultry, Apr 30, 2009.

1. NewHopePoultry

NewHopePoultry Overrun With Chickens

Apr 9, 2007
    Troy,Missouri
    Well today was my ultrasound and it didnt turn out the way I thought it would.
    I'm suppose to be 19 weeks and 2 days, but the baby only measures at about 17 weeks, so everything was harder to see. I'm going to ask when I go back if I can have another one done, not just so I can see what I'm having,but to see what they couldnt see today(the chambers of the heart & a few other things) I have a hole in my heart and worry about that with the baby.
    They tech said it was a girl, but my sisters home nurse said she couldnt tell when I showed her the pictures and she has seen enough of them she should know.

The pictures are horrible and very hard to see, they need a new machine

Face:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2009
  2. maplesky7

maplesky7 Flock Mistress

Jun 14, 2008
    N. IL.
    congrats on the mini-bear

3. farmerlor

farmerlor Chillin' With My Peeps

Congrats! When I went to nursing school we learned that boys generally have a slower heart rate in utero than girls. My kids were right on the money. My daughter Dani had a heart rate of 180 and Adam's was 150.

4. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

Congratulations on your little one to be!! [​IMG] Babies are the best.
    Best wishes to you and your family. Enjoy!!

5. chickflick

chickflick Overrun With Chickens

Mar 10, 2007
    Dimondale
    CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. klf73

klf73 Mad Scientist

Jun 1, 2008
    Maine
    Congrats!
    looks like a girl to me, I have 3 boys and 3 girls, those 3 lines kind of give them away [​IMG]

7. NancyDz

NancyDz Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 9, 2008
    Dutch Flat, CA
    Isnt a girl what you were hoping for? [​IMG] Those techs are pretty good and look at them all day long. Congrats! Sorry about the weeks being off.. that is probably tough having an extra two weeks now til your due date!

Nancy

8. Buckhorn Farm

Buckhorn Farm OLD Country Girl

Mar 30, 2009
    North Florida
    Congratulations!!! They are like baby chicks,,,they grow up way too fast [​IMG] Mine are 31 & 29 and it only seems like yesterday they were in my arms.......Enjoy and God bless you and baby.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2009
  9. NewHopePoultry

NewHopePoultry Overrun With Chickens

Apr 9, 2007
    Troy,Missouri
    The heartbeat was 141 today.
    I'm hoping for a girl, but I dont want to say its a girl until they are sure. The lady even said she is just guessing a girl becouse its hard to see.

We arent sure if we are really 2 weeks off or if the baby is just that small(I was a small baby, 17 inches and 5 pounds) Becouse I went in when I first thought I was pregnant and had a ultrasound done and was told I was right at 7 weeks, so I've been going every 4 weeks since then. Im going to wait and see wha the doctor says when I go back, since I didnt get to see him today.

10. Quail_Antwerp

Quail_Antwerp [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG]Mrs

Aug 16, 2008
    Ohio
    It looks like a girl to me. [​IMG] I have 4 boys and 1 girl. My boys all had little "turtles" and your baby definitely looks like a hamburger, so that would be a girl.

Congratulations!

I understand wanting to have a second sonogram to be sure, though! I was the same way with my last son when they told me they were only 30% sure I was having a boy.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by