They SAY that they phoned, but I never received any messages...

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Sunny Side Up, Aug 26, 2010.

1. Sunny Side Up

Sunny Side Up Count your many blessings...

Mar 12, 2008
    Loxahatchee, Florida
    [​IMG] Grrr, I had a frustrating conversation today with someone at one of those "ticket clinics". Mister got a speeding ticket (46 in a 30 MPH zone) and we just cannot afford to pay the fine. He called one of the manymanymany ticket clinics listed in the phone book and was told to fax the ticket to them with our phone number written at the top.

Both Mister & I have our lives loaded with Things To Do. Recently he's been working 60-80 hours a week and has slid many more of his duties over to my shoulders. Although I wanted HIM to take care of his ticket, I had to go get it faxed (our home machine was out of order) which took several weeks. And he never called their office after I faxed the ticket.

Today Mister remembers the ticket & calls me from work, asking me to investigate. He's worried that it is now over 30 days since the ticket was written (it is). I call the ticket clinic & the worker there who received the fax INSISTS that she tried to phone us several times to collect the payment. She INSISTS that she left messages on our answering machine & our voice mail. She even said that the last time she called that our phone had been disconnected. When asked what number she had been dialing she gave our correct home number.

I told her that we NEVER received ANY of those calls, there have been NO messages left, that our phone has NOT been disconnected for even a minute. I asked to speak to a supervisor, was put on hold for about 15 minutes, and then spoke with a man who says he was looking right at our file and saw all the notes made listing the times of the calls. Then he proceeded to tell me how it was our responsibility to have called them instead, to have followed up on this matter.

Yes, of course it was our (Mister's!!!) responsibility, but it just wasn't the most foremost item on either of our busy agendas. Still, I am very upset that they insist that they had called, when we honestly NEVER got any messages. I could see how one or two messages could have been accidently erased, or given to a forgetful child. But they insisted that there had been several calls made. I don't see how every one could have been erased, when so many others are recorded on the machine & voice mail.

I really think they are being dishonest, and that during the 15-minute hold this worker scribbled out a form listing calls she never really made. Or maybe I'm just being paranoid. But really, how could so many calls be made, but never received?

2. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    Yup.. sounds like they are being dishonest...
    Someone not doing their job and writing that they called instead of actually DOING it..
    Wish there was a way to prove it... [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 26, 2010
  3. rodriguezpoultry

rodriguezpoultry Langshan Lover

Jan 4, 2009
    Claremore, OK
    There is.... [​IMG]

Check your phone bill and ask for all phone calls between the time the ticket was written and when you remembered it.

4. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    Yes I have the feeling they are being dishonest. Tell them to prove it and see if your phone records says otherwise!

5. redhen

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    Quote:Good idea! See if you can your phone records for incoming calls for that time period...

6. Sunny Side Up

Mar 12, 2008
    Loxahatchee, Florida
    How do you go about getting those records of incoming calls on a land line?

7. redhen

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    Quote:Call your telephone company.. see what they say?

8. Bear Foot Farm

Bear Foot Farm Overrun With Chickens

Mar 31, 2008
    Grifton NC
    it just wasn't the most foremost item on either of our busy agendas

Maybe it should have been if you don't want to pay a bigger fine.

No need to get upset with them when it's not their ticket to take care of

Maybe it wasn't "foremost on their busy agendas" either​

9. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

Wow Lisa, I sure hope you get to the bottom of their dishonesty. [​IMG] I think that redhen is right, just writing down that they had made those calls to you. Also a good idea, check with the phone company, then YOU will have the proof. Good luck. [​IMG]

10. Sunny Side Up

Mar 12, 2008
    Loxahatchee, Florida
    Quote:I'm not denying our (Mister's!!!) responsibility in following up on the matter. It is just upsetting to feel you're being lied to by a professional business. To be told they called & left messages several times when you know it is not true. And this is their business, to negotiate a lower fine with the county clerk, they handle lots of cases each day. At this point I don't even know if it's worth it to try & investigate the received-call history on our phone. It would take up too much time & effort to try to prove my point to these people. I just know I will never do business with them again, something I don't think they will ever miss. And hope & pray neither of us receives another traffic ticket.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by