1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

They Say What's In A Woman's Handbag and Purse Says A Lot About Her

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by V Chic Chick, Jun 5, 2007.

1. V Chic Chick

V Chic Chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    Bristol, England
    So what's in yours?

Handbag
    3 maths exercise books, a calculator, and a massive textbook (yes, I should be revising).
    Copy of practical poultry
    Few old bus tickets
    Coupon for fabric conditioner (how sad am I?)
    Purse
    Foundation
    Eyeliner
    Mascara
    Comb
    Sheet of paper
    Bath and West (agricultural show) ticket.
    Receipts
    Pencil
    Hairgrip
    Mobile phone
    Earphones for phone
    Badge shaped like an electric guitar
    Hairband
    And attached to the outside are three patches (MCR, SOAD and Slayer) and a lot of pin badges in various stages of offensiveness.

Purse
    Coins and notes (obviously)
    Loyalty cards (Tesco, Boots, WH Smiths, Shakeaway)
    Giftcards & vouchers (HMV and Boots)
    Letter from Tesco to prove their policy about coupons to their idiot staff
    Two chicken leg rings
    Poultry Club metal "member" badge.
    EHIC card
    Cash machine card
    Coupons
    Earrings & 6mm plugs (I stretched my piercing and my dad still doesn't know, 10 months on)
    Yet more bus tickets.

That would mean I'm a chicken keeper, with a love of metal, tight fisted, a stretched piercing, slightly vain, and relying on public transport.

That's scarily accurate. The only real thing it doesn't say about me is gliding . . .

2. Gracefulspice

Gracefulspice Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2007
    Pa
    There's a difference between a Purse and a Handbag? [​IMG] I thought they were the same, just called different by different folks. Kinda like Soda and Pop.

I don't carry either one truthfully. It's more of a bother then anything to me really. I tried really hard one time to carry a purse/handbag. I didn't know what to put in it. [​IMG] Then once I started to carry money and cards in it. I forgot it to grab it once we left a restraunt. Never saw it again. [​IMG] So I decided it wasn't for me.
    I couldn't imagine lugging all that stuff with me every time I leave the house. That's alot of stuff V Chick. [​IMG] You carry that with you every where?

3. V Chic Chick

V Chic Chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    Bristol, England
    Er . . . maybe it's different across the pond, but a purse is what you keep your money and cards in, and a handbag contains the purse, umbrella, and whatever other things you need to carry around with you.

Apart from the maths books and magazine, that is what I lug around every day . . . . on school days, there are often more books, or a lever arch to carry.

4. Alleyoops25

Alleyoops25 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 14, 2007
    Colorado
    Well v chick chick you are pretty brave, but since I carry very few things in my purse I dont see how it could hurt. So I will give it a shot.
    In my purse I have :
    A pair of metal rimmed Ray Bans sunglasses.
    Some lip stick in a rather conservative shade of red
    A make up brush/ with foundation and blush
    Tylenol
    my migriane meds.
    my wallet
    dayplanner / adress book
    In my wallet I have 75.00
    My drivers liscence
    my credit cards
    about 1.50 in change
    more than a dozen reciepts from various stores
    pictures of my husband, three kids, my parents, and my brothers with their wives and kids.
    My day planner and adress book are fairly plain,
    it has the dates of all our 4-H events and where they take place.It also has everyones b-day and ann. in it so i dont forget to buy gifts.
    My adress book which consists of the names, numbers, and adress's for everyone listed above, as well as several friends, our preacher, and several members of the congregation.
    Pretty plain and boring, I usually dont ever have that much money on me excapt I just got paid for watching someones kid for a week. Any way analyze away.

5. robbobbin

robbobbin Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 28, 2007
    hmmm, I'd tell ya but then I'd have to kill ya!

that's private-really!

6. Poison Ivy

Poison Ivy Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2007
    Naples, Florida
    Ok let see.....

Checkbook
    deposit slip book
    calculator
    lighter
    toothbrush
    bottle of advil
    stamps
    several receipts
    2 credit cards
    smile safe kids card with DD picture & info
    Tide pen
    several ink pens
    nail glue
    gum
    nail file
    1 GB ubs jump drive
    tweezers

I carry my money & change in my front jean pocket & a small credit card holder in my back pocket with my driver license. I had someone pick pocket me one time in a baby clothing store they got $400. I have never carried money in a purse again. I learned my lesson the hard way.

7. chickbea

chickbea Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 18, 2007
    Vermont
    I don't carry a purse! I lose things constantly, and if I carried a purse, then I would lose all my important things at once!
    I use my car as an enormous pocketbook - everything I need is in there.

8. hencackle

hencackle Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2007
    Telford, TN
    I only carry small purses/handbags, so this is what I have in mine:
    cash
    credit card
    check card
    Burts Bees lip balm
    Burts Bees lip shimmer
    drivers license
    mints
    library card
    a small vial of children's Benadryl for emergencies

There would have been car keys in my purse, but a few days ago an uninsured driver smashed into my Jeep which was parked in my driveway.
    My Jeep is totaled. [​IMG]
    Stephanie

9. Mulemom

Mulemom Chillin' With My Peeps

May 8, 2007
    Sacramento, CA
    I was thinking of getting a diamond collar and carrying this in my purse....Looks kinda like a poodle chicken to me. It was one of two mystery chicks that came with my order....
    [​IMG]

10. ThunderStruck

ThunderStruck Chillin' With My Peeps

May 18, 2007
    Sterling, Ohio
    i dont have a purse......ima GUY [​IMG][​IMG]

I always wondered why a guy gets by & can carry all he needs just fine in this world with just a thin piece of leather folded in half, whilst the ladies feel the need to carry more stuff than i had in my duffel bag for 4 yrs in the military [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 5, 2007

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by