They Should Be Ashamed!!

Picky Chicky

Songster
11 Years
Sep 22, 2008
Holly Grove, VA
If our district budget didn't include a limitless supply of TP and lightbulbs I'd be one heck of a mad parent! Oooh this kind of stuff makes me mad.
somad.gif
rant.gif

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/18430596/detail.html

They didn't have TP or soap at the schools here the last 2 months of school last year. At my sons middle school they actually locked half the bathrooms so the kids couldn't use them because of it. I sent a roll to school in my kids bookbags, and a bottle of liquid soap. So terrible isn't it.

the Detroit Public School system has many issues right now. it's really sad.

we moved about 4.5 yrs ago from Eastpointe, which is north of Detroit. Detroiters were putting their kids on public buses and sending them to our schools illegally just so they would have a safe school to go to. it cost our police dept. tons of time and money to track it all.

i couldn't believe these kids were busing in and then walking a couple of miles. so sad.

It's horribly sad.

We certainly aren't made of money, but you can bet your butt that I always send extra supplies with my DD (second grader) when we can afford to do so. Even ice cream money because you know there are parents who don't remember, or can't afford to give their child little treats like that. We loaded DD's backpack up on her first day of school with 20 bottles of glue, glue sticks, tissues, butt wipes, crayons, pencils... The alternate agenda is we're hoping we're getting in good with the teacher. hehe

There is a small school system in our county which had many residents flooded out in a hundred year flood last June. I purchased glue, pens, paper, tissues,etc and sent them to the school to help those that were really hurting. It costs so little when you catch the back-to-school sales, but can really be a blessing to those that have nothing.

I thought things where getting worse in the UK........I consider we are very fortunate even these credit crunch days.....Our school systems aren't perfect but judging by whats happening in the US re the thread...we are blessed still......I feel so sorry for everyone involved.

Quote:
Bad move. Bad news.

WWIII is around the corner.

Are you storing for a rainy day folks?.... and water for non-rainy days?

Back
Top Bottom