They Stole My Pizza!!!!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Cetawin, May 24, 2010.

1. Cetawin

Cetawin Chicken Beader

Mar 20, 2008
    NW Kentucky
    I am sick with a nasty cold right now and had a craving for Pizza. So, DH ran out and got me a huge slice of pepperoni, mushroom and black olive pizza. I was sitting on the back deck watching the chickens and DH brought my pizza to me. I ate half of it before the chickens noticed I had something and they came running! I was ambushed by 19 chickens and 11 ducks! They managed to steal the crust and 1/4 of the slice from me.

NO RESPECT from these critters...they will steal the food away from a sick woman. Husband caught pictures of their treachery.

Athena used the distraction of the other 18 and the ducks to snatch the pizza and take off with Penelope in hot pursuit:

[​IMG]

Penelope stole it from Athena and was then pursued by Lucy and Athena

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Penelope being a fast little EE managed to stop and eat some of it before they called in reinforcements...Molly and Holly along with Severus came as reinforcements

[​IMG]

While Penelope was trying to run from Lucy, Athena, Molly, Holly and Severus, Bella raced in and stole it from Penelope

[​IMG]

Then suddenly it was gone and everyone went back to doing chicken things and looking completely innocent but I know better....they are all thieves! Everyone except Thor of course who was watching the women like they had lost their minds.

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 24, 2010
  2. HorseFeatherz NV

HorseFeatherz NV Eggink Chickens

[​IMG]

Hope you feel better soon. Smart Thor - I bet he just snuggled up to you for a bite of pizza [​IMG]

3. Cetawin

Cetawin Chicken Beader

Mar 20, 2008
    NW Kentucky
    Of course he did...he knows he gets a bite of whatever I am eating if he waits. He thinks the women are nuts! he is forever thunking them on the head for their unladylike behavior. [​IMG]

4. ThePolishPrincess

ThePolishPrincess Chillin' With My Peeps

Chickens are such vultures! Feel better!

5. silkiechick236

silkiechick236 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 29, 2009
    Oklahoma
    Great story and the pics to go along - priceless! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. ScratchesWithChickens

ScratchesWithChickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 28, 2009
    San Diego
    Chickens are ruthless! Especially hens!! They act like they've never eaten anything in their lives when you have something tasty. I'm afraid I'm going to lose my hand one of these days to a pack of savage bantams. (Ever given a tiny bit of peanut butter to your birds?[​IMG])

I'm glad someone caught that on camera! [​IMG]

Thor sounds like such a good boy. I have a soft spot for sweet roos. Who doesn't?

7. Cetawin

Cetawin Chicken Beader

Mar 20, 2008
    NW Kentucky
    Quote:I have not given them plain peanut butter but my DD made them a hanging ball treat last winter which was made of scratch, roasted oats, red rye berries and the glue was peanut butter. They annihitae those when she makes them and hangs them in the coop.

Thor is a very sweet boy....for 11 and a half pounds, he is a huge sweet boy. [​IMG] He is so smart too...I can say "Thor. Go get your women and bring them back" and point to where they are and he runs over there and gets them. Such a blessing that big ole thing is.

Last edited: May 24, 2010
  8. ParlorCityChickens

ParlorCityChickens Chillin' With My Peeps

May 14, 2010
    [​IMG] I love your story, I can just imagine the picture of those naughty hens running around with your pizza. And then they go back to "doing chicken things"....hahaha hilarious![​IMG] Mine act like they are starving to death if I bring anything interesting down to them, too. Little piglets!

9. St-Hubert

St-Hubert Chicken Convert

Apr 6, 2010
    Anniston, AL
    I am so trying not to laugh out loud right now.....the boss would not appreciate it! But.....this was the funniest thing I have seen all day! [​IMG]

10. Liana

Liana Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 9, 2009
    Southern NH
    [​IMG] Oh my goodness, I think my sides are going to split! Great pics, too!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by