They stopped lay'n

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by LilChicky, Oct 4, 2008.

1. LilChicky

LilChicky New Egg

Oct 4, 2008
    I have 10 sweet ladies - 4 RIR, 4 WR, 2 Sussex. At 20 weeks old, they started laying and we were getting 2-3 eggs a day for about 17 days [​IMG] and then they stopped [​IMG]. We have not received an egg for 1 week. [​IMG]

They are in a coop with an outdoor run. No free range. I have 6 nests. They are getting layer food. I live east of Denver, Colorado. We were out of town for a week so they didn't get treats during that time but they continued to lay. Now, we have now been home a week and we are giving all of the same type of treats as before, squash from the garden, table scraps, apples, etc.

This is my first year as a chicken luvr. I've been reading this forum since April and anything I know I learned here. I've been reading this forum like crazy but I can't find anything and now I'm stumped.

Does anyone have any thoughts?

Thanks so much for your help.

2. banter

banter Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 3, 2008
    Raymond Maine
    I have not got eggs for two weeks! Bummer! One year old hens and first molt.

3. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

They are probably so happy you came home they need to get back in the rythym.

4. je

je Out Of The Brooder

Aug 23, 2008
    Bend, OR
    I have not gotten eggs in at least two weeks as well. Had to buy some at the store for the first time in over a year.

Hope they start laying again soon. (both yours and mine [​IMG] )

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by