They survived...Whew!

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by bonder, Sep 25, 2010.

1. bonder

bonder Out Of The Brooder

Jul 2, 2010
    So today my chickens figured out how to fly out of their run so I said to my hubby, "Well, they can get out, might as well open the door and let them go." It was their first time to be turned loose and I was so worried that they wouldn't come back. We had to run to town to buy more chicken feed and when we got back, they had put themselves to bed. Just like everyone has promised they would do. I have to admit I had my doubts but they did it! YAY!!

2. animalover

animalover Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 30, 2010
    Harrisburg, PA
    What a relief!

3. nuttyredhead

nuttyredhead Chillin' With My Peeps

May 3, 2010
    Southern NH
    Yeah, that is great!!!!

4. grandmaof5

grandmaof5 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 8, 2009
    Central N.S.
    Mine are still in enforced confinement; they just got moved into their coop this week, so I haven't had them out yet. I want to make sure they know where/what home is...

So glad yours put themselves to bed...it must be such a relief to know they won't try any of that "Mom, I need a drink; Mom, I need the bathroom" stuff that children do. [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 26, 2010
  5. ChickieBooBoo

ChickieBooBoo Cold Canadian Chick

Dec 2, 2009
    Canada
    Mine always return for the night, they free-range all day and then go to sleep when they want.

6. bonder

bonder Out Of The Brooder

Jul 2, 2010
    Oops, I spoke too soon. There was one sitting OUTSIDE the coop this morning waiting to be let back in. I'll bet she doesn't do that again...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by