They Teased Me....

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by beerguzzler, Dec 15, 2008.

1. beerguzzler

beerguzzler Out Of The Brooder

Oct 3, 2008
    Houston TX
    I got my first egg from my 14 ladies a week ago and have not seen another one since [​IMG]

I am now waiting patiently again....This is just painful.

2. swtangel321

swtangel321 ~Crazy Egg Lady~

Jul 11, 2008
    hmmmm, little odd !!! Have you looked around the coop/run for eggs that they might be hiding ? Sometimes they are sneaky !! Even look in the bedding in the coop !!

Are they getting 14 hours of light a day ??

3. chickflick

chickflick Overrun With Chickens

Mar 10, 2007
    Dimondale
    How old are the ladies? It's cold here, so not too many eggs here either, but, the weather shouldn't be a factor there. Are they getting 14 hrs of light? Do they free range? Is it possible that they are laying in a hidden spot? I lived in Humble years ago. Didn't like the humidity at all!

4. beerguzzler

beerguzzler Out Of The Brooder

Oct 3, 2008
    Houston TX
    No 14 hours of light due to I have no way of getting electricity out to the coop/run without spending a small fortune. As for the coop/run, there is no way to really hide the eggs. As for the age, they are somewhere between 6-8 months old depending if I believe the feed store I bought them from or just look at their combs.

5. swtangel321

swtangel321 ~Crazy Egg Lady~

Jul 11, 2008
    Quote:No way to run an extention cord out there to give em a few extra hours of light ??

That could be a reason why they are slacking !!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by