They went into the coop all by thier selves tonight!!

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by FLchook, Jun 21, 2008.

1. FLchook

FLchook Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 27, 2007
    Orlando, Florida
    Im just so darn proud of my little girls!! My girls had been living in a large cage on my screen porch while my coop was being resided...well it took DH much longer then expected to be resided [​IMG] But it was finally finished (lacking paint) last Sunday. So Monday evening I move the girls down. I left them in there all day on Monday, but Tuesday I just had to let them out. It was getting to hot in there to leave them another day. Tuesday wasnt a bad day, but Wednesday was going to be far hotter. So I let them out. Figured the run would be up over the weekend, they I could lock them in, but they would have access to outside.

Well Wed and Thur night they were back at the porch door waiting to be let in. I picked them up, put them in a carrier and back we went to the coop. Last night I go do feed the animals and move the girls, but they werent there. Figured it was just early and they just hadnt made it back up yet. Nope!! They were all 4 in coop getting some food and water before settling down for the night!

Its amazing how proud we get when our chickens do something small. Oh the small joys of life! hehe [​IMG]

2. SpottedCrow

SpottedCrow Flock Goddess

Hooray!!!
    It's so awesome when they put themselves to bed..but sad too because they're growing up...

3. CathyB

CathyB Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2008
    PA
    [​IMG]

4. maplesky7

maplesky7 Flock Mistress

Jun 14, 2008
    N. IL.
    You guys are funny.

My 6 year old and 2 year old daughters were very pleased the other week when we went to go tuck in the chickens and they spied the then (a week ago) 5 week old layer birds up high on the roost.

My 6 year old thought that was a perfect height to hug and kiss each one good night and my 2 year old thought she'd go "chicken bowling" and give each one a push on their hind ends and knock them all down. Sqwauk! Flap flap flap...

She's a stinker all right.

me,
    g

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by