They went into the coop themselves tonight!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Rhett&SarahsMom, Sep 1, 2008.

1. Rhett&SarahsMom

Rhett&SarahsMom Chillin' With My Peeps

May 8, 2008
    My daughter and I usually get out there to round them up around 7pm. Tonight we went out around 7:10 and they were all inside up on the roost. They are growing up!! *sniff*
    They didnt even bother to get down when I put the water back in and filled the feed up for the morning. Just some low "peeps" and a few low "peep/clucks"

2. Omran

Omran Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 26, 2008
    Bagdad KY
    Rhett&SarahsMom :

My daughter and I usually get out there to round them up around 7pm. Tonight we went out around 7:10 and they were all inside up on the roost. They are growing up!! *sniff*
    They didnt even bother to get down when I put the water back in and filled the feed up for the morning. Just some low "peeps" and a few low "peep/clucks"

That's great because I am going to start my flock to free ranging for an hour every evening,although they have a good size run 40'x12' but I feel they will be happy for an hour around the Garden every night especially that my garden is almost done for this year.
    Do you think I need to stay with them first few nights?to make sure they don't go far.​

3. krjwaj

krjwaj Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 7, 2008
    Apex, NC
    I know exactly how proud you feel!
    We had to put them up at night beacuse they didn't get it for a while. But when they finally did it on their own....AWWWW [​IMG]

Congrats!

4. ams3651

ams3651 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2008
    NE PA
    Quote:That's great because I am going to start my flock to free ranging for an hour every evening,although they have a good size run 40'x12' but I feel they will be happy for an hour around the Garden every night especially that my garden is almost done for this year.
    Do you think I need to stay with them first few nights?to make sure they don't go far.

they probably wont go far for a while but if you want to be out with them depends on what they may get into. After 2 weeks mine have only made it as far as the front yard and they are out all day, put themselves to bed promptly at 7pm.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by