they were supposed to be muscovies!*PIC UPDATE*

Mom 2em All

Crowing
14 Years
Apr 20, 2008
Dora, Alabama
I hatched out what was supposed to be muscovy ducklings. That is what I paid for, anyhow. However, they hatched out in 28 days. That means they arent muscovy- correct?

I went to the persons website, and they also have Khaki Campbells, Rouen, and Cayuga ducks. My duckling babies look like all of them- except if a cayuga lays dark eggs- I don't have one of those.

Can anyone tell me what to expect from these type of duckling/ducks?
I am quite upset because now I wont have time to incubate muscovies- and that is what I really wanted. (going on vacation-cant have eggs in the incubator)

Last edited:
I believe Muscovies hatch in about 30 days, but they could hatch in 28. Ours, under a momma duck took longer than that though.

I wouldn't jump to conclusions yet though.

Post pictures to see if anyone can identify them for you.

My muscovy ducks hatch out approx. 35 days.. If they are a cross that could be why you got early(normal for regular ducks) hatch...
If so they will be sterile...

Yeah if you post a pic we could identify them for you
smile.png

Well, here are two- hopefully you can make heads or tails of them. The one that is on its back gets stuck that way, and I have to turn her over- she looks just like a khaki campbell duckling (according to the pictures at ideal, I think)..I have no idea why she cant right herself when she flips over- but its not looking too hopeful for her.

They were hatched on mothers day:

under the red light:

9221_9b.jpg

no red light:

9221_001.jpg

Looks like you have two rouens or mallards, maybe one cayuga, a khaki campbell, and the one that is brown with bars on its face is probably a khaki rouen cross. Beautiful ducks though!

Back
Top Bottom