They won't eat the eggs??

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by TheDuckCrew, Apr 11, 2009.

1. TheDuckCrew

TheDuckCrew Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2009
    Connecticut
    My family refuses to eat the duck eggs. they think they are gross. i feel bad just throwing them away, i think they should go to good use! should i just sneak some duck eggs into something i make and THEN tell them after they eat it what was in it? once our eggs hatch and the two girls we are going to keep grow up, we will end up with THREE eggs a day!!!! we will probably end up giving some away. but i think we should eat some. we'd never have to buy eggs again!

2. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    They make nice fluffy cakes and delicious cookies.

3. TheDuckCrew

Feb 21, 2009
    Connecticut
    Quote:thats why i'm thinking about just sneaking them in and then they will be like yum!! and i will just happen to remember that i used duck eggs at that moment. lol!

4. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    Quote:thats why i'm thinking about just sneaking them in and then they will be like yum!! and i will just happen to remember that i used duck eggs at that moment. lol!

Giddy up!

5. TheDuckCrew

Feb 21, 2009
    Connecticut

Giddy up!

shhhh! they will never know....time to be a ninja and sneak some duck eggs into the fridge. maybe i can disguse them with some chicken eggs...size difference might tip them off though.

6. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Start baking my dear. Or sneak in the kitchen tomorrow morning and tell everyone you are making breakfast and sneak the eggs into an omlette.

7. TheDuckCrew

Feb 21, 2009
    Connecticut
    Quote:good idea. i always get up first anyways. (sigh). i've been searching for some good recipes to use...i must not make this obvious....haha

8. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Quote:good idea. i always get up first anyways. (sigh). i've been searching for some good recipes to use...i must not make this obvious....haha

Go to the recipes thread, or PM TerrieLacy - she has ducks and knows how to use them....

9. CoopCrazy

CoopCrazy Brooder Boss

Mar 3, 2009
    Columbus,IN
    I would'nt even tell them... I have had family and friends that refuse to eat my eggs... I snuck some in and after 10 minutes of " Wow this is good" I told them they were my own eggs and they spit them out and refused to eat my food again... Sucks to be them, cause I can cook... So I just don't tell people anymore and they eat my food and are non the wiser.

10. Judy

Judy Moderator Staff Member

Feb 5, 2009
    South Georgia
    Quote:You could just keep it to yourself. Make scrambled eggs with stuff in them like sauteed mushrooms, sauteed onions, grated cheese, chopped smoked salmon, chopped green onions, cubes of ham, little pieces of cooked bacon.... so many things go well in scrambled eggs. A little leftover rice and a splash of soy sauce and you have fried rice, just brown the rice a little first, add a few veggies/meat when you add the eggs. Might even get away with egg mcmuffins -- break the egg into a ring and break the yolk, then cheese and some sort of breakfast meat. Use flavorful stuff that will mask the slightly different flavor of egg. Egg foo young should work as well, if you have access to fresh bean sprouts.

Of course, baking is the best disguise; depends how much cake you guys eat!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by