THEY'RE ALIVE!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Dirty Dozen, Jan 29, 2012.

1. Dirty Dozen

Dirty Dozen Chillin' With My Peeps

May 30, 2009
    Long Island, New York
    My eggs are due to hatch next week (on day 10). Candled all tonite & everybody alive! Yikes...37 eggs! This is also the 1st time I've numbered them. Sometimes when they're hatching I keep an eye on one pipping & then when they start rolling around I lose sight of it. This way I can tell if someone is in trouble & pipping too long. yes, I sometimes try to help them out! Does anyone else out there # or mark their eggs?

2. tmoore8595

tmoore8595 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 7, 2010
    Jefferson County, Al.
    I mark my eggs with an O on one side and a X on the other. I sometime put a number inside the O, but I never help them. If the temperature is right and the egg looses the right amount of moisture during incubation and the humidity is high enough during lock down, the chick should not need any help.

3. Squawkbox

Squawkbox Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 25, 2011
    Yay congrats! You're lucky, I'm on day 10 and only have 10/22 left [​IMG]. I don't have enough to mark them with numbers, but I have the name of the hen that layed them written on the egg [​IMG].

4. congrats!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by