They're BACK! Eggs, eggs, eggs....WooHOO!

speckledhen

Intentional Solitude
Premium Feather Member
17 Years
Feb 3, 2007
Blue Ridge Mtns. of North Georgia
Here are some of the eggs from today--some are from hens returning to lay after a long hiatus. It's been ages since I got a blue egg, but this week three of the Ameraucanas started back laying again, finally.

From left to right:

Ameraucana, Delaware, Ameraucana, Lt. Brahma, barred EE, Rhode Island Red, Barred Rock.

DSCN0639.jpg

YAY!!! isn't it great! I went from 6 eggs out of 55 hens three weeks ago to 30 a day this week... and some still aren't laying. I had a bunch coming out of molt and no artificial light... I added light... and the girls are laying like crazy.
clap.gif

BTW very pretty eggs!

Last edited:
I have started to get a few BCM eggs again, but no Ameraucana eggs yet.

I'm not sure how many hens I have, probably too many, but it has been taking 3 days to get a dozen. Hopefully now that the days are getting longer they will pick up laying again.

Nice! Do all Delawares lay that dark?
Also, I noticed some red combs on some of my girls today; sure hope that means they plan on laying again someday soon.

No, not all Dels lay that dark. My Georgie is the darkest laying Del I've ever had. My other Del, Ellie's eggs are more medium tan with speckles. I have currently 28 layers total between the three coops. For months I'd been getting 3-8 eggs per day. Now, at least 15 of the 28 are laying--keep in mind that I do have quite a few hens who are 4-5 years old, so they are slower in production due to age, although, the RIR egg pictured belongs to my remaining RIR hen, Reba, who is 5.

Back
Top Bottom