They're Coming!!THEY ARE HERE!!--PICS--

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by allanimals21, Dec 1, 2009.

1. allanimals21

allanimals21 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 27, 2009
    MN
    My lil ones are shipping tomorow...They said 2-3 days but I am really hoping that I get a phone call thursday afternoon. I can't wait. More fuzzy lil ones. My poor fiance' had no idea what he got himself into. [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 4, 2009
  2. Soccer Mom

Soccer Mom Chillin' With My Peeps

May 5, 2009
    West of Crazy
    Quote:It's better he learn now. You want a man who will accept you the way you are (crazy--like us!) On my second date with my new BF, we missed our movie because I was breaking down a fish tank and lost track of time. BF didn't complain and so I kept him. It'll be 17 years this month. [​IMG]

Oh, and that piece of advice wasn't free. It'll cost you pictures. We want fuzzy butt pictures when the lil ones arrive. What kind do you have coming and how many and from where? Details, woman!

Last edited: Dec 1, 2009
  3. allanimals21

Aug 27, 2009
    MN
    I ordered 35...but I'm that I will get a few extras. I ordered all pullets from Welp. Figured I would try somewhere different. I ordered 10 RIR, 10 California Whites, 10 turkens, and 5 silver laced wyandottes. I also just had my silkie hen hatch out 2 lil babies for me the other day. So far this year she is 8 for 9. I'm so proud of her! My habit didn't start until after we were together. His dad got me started with it all. It started with his mixed flock of egg layers...and My one RIR rooster. Now I myself have 4 EE hens, 3 EE Roosters (I was told Ameracauna), 3 Top Hats, 12 silkies, 3 peacocks, 5 OEG's, Millions of Guineas, a dozen or so random mutt chickens, and 14 ducks. Those are just the feathered animals! [​IMG] He puts up with it...I deal with his baseball and sport collection habits and he deals with my animal habit...Although he does like the silkies he said. Who is he kidding he likes them all no matter what he says. (I caught him numerous times this last summer playin with ducks with the hose.) [​IMG]

4. Happy Chooks

Happy Chooks Moderator Staff Member

Jul 9, 2009
    Northern CA
    My Coop
    Congrats! And I agree, we must see proof!

5. allanimals21

Aug 27, 2009
    MN
    So just a quick update as it is late. I called the post office this afternoon and know one had seen them yet. So I left my number and the woman told me that they would call as soon as they arrived. Soooo I assumed that since I hadn't heard anything by 8:00 PM that they wouldnt be here until tomorow. WELL I was wrong. I got a phone call at 10:37 PM as I was asleep that they were here so off I went. Anyhoo I ended up with 1 extra of each. I will get pics of them tomorow on here as I have some questions about some of them. It seems some of the RIR have black dots on there head? Anyhoo...everyone made it AOK, there is one lil california white that seems a lil bit lethargic but I think it will be ok with some food, water, and warmth. Off to bed I go. Gotta work in the morning.

6. ve

ve Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 27, 2009
    Palmetto GA
    Pics...?

7. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    [​IMG]

8. PandoraTaylor

PandoraTaylor RT Poultry n Things

Jun 29, 2009
    Alaska
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    what not pics yet????
    [​IMG]

9. Soccer Mom

Soccer Mom Chillin' With My Peeps

May 5, 2009
    West of Crazy
    So glad they've made it safely. Enjoy and post pics as soon as you can. I need a fluffybutt fix. [​IMG]

10. allanimals21

Aug 27, 2009
    MN
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]This is the dots I was talking about.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Ummm....I've got plenty more...is this good? or do you guys need more fuzz? lol

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by