1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

They're coming tommorow!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Zinnia-Hen, Jun 17, 2011.

1. Zinnia-Hen

Zinnia-Hen Live & Let Live

Jan 29, 2011
    Oh my gosh! Tommorow I'm getting silkie chickies, I'm so excited! They're a bird that I thought I'd never have, yet I've always wanted the little guys. [​IMG] I'll post pictures tommorow.

And maybe to help soothe my appetite, you guys could post some pictures of yours. [​IMG]

2. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    [​IMG]

3. sunny & the 5 egg layers

sunny & the 5 egg layers Overrun With Chickens

Mar 29, 2011
    Yay! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] I am excited for you! [​IMG]

4. Zinnia-Hen

Jan 29, 2011
    Thanks. They're gonna be so cute! [​IMG]

5. bawkbawkbawk

bawkbawkbawk Chillin' With My Peeps

I JUST got my first Silkie chick this week and I am SO excited for you! [​IMG]

Mine was a teeny bit slower to get with the program than the other chicks - I worried about her the first day. But she's great now - being raised by my broody BO and holding her own with the other breed chicks I ordered.

[​IMG]

Enjoy!

6. Zinnia-Hen

Jan 29, 2011
    Bawk, that is such a cute little chickie! Mine aren't going to be quite as young as yours, but I wish. [​IMG] I just wanted to be a little bit more sure that I was getting hens only.

7. bawkbawkbawk

bawkbawkbawk Chillin' With My Peeps

Zinnia - I ordered mine from Mypetchicken.com - they give you, I think, a 90% guarantee on the sexing - please tell me she looks like a little girl!!!!

8. Zinnia-Hen

Jan 29, 2011
    It's hard to tell at her age, but I've ordered from MPC before. They did a perfect job on sexing and the hens are beautiful, good layers. (The EE in my avvie is from MPC, she's a sweet little thing.) I just needed to get mine from a breeder because I'm going to be showing mine.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by