They're finally slowing down

Southern28Chick

Flew The Coop
12 Years
Apr 16, 2007
It only took a couple of gray days for my girls to get the point that it's winter.

Yesterday I got 17 eggs and today I got 7 regular size and 1 double yolker. That's more like it! I've been drowning in eggs and the only customer I have is an elderly man from down the street.

Are y'all girls letting up on the laying yet?

Maybe yesterday was the last best day for mine too. Yesterday I got 16 eggs, today only 9. I knew they would slow down at some point.

mine have slowed down a lot as well, which is fine by me. i was getting over a dozen a day and while i'm trying to build up my customer base, that's just too much!

yesterday we got about 6" of snow, that was their first experience with that.... needless to say they are NOT happy, so i foresee them punishing me with even fewer eggs. but that's cool.
wink.png

Mine at pretty much at a standstill...
barnie.gif
except for the Silkies. Not enough light for them. Gotta get my light in, I've been so slack this year.
hmm.png

If I lived closer I'd buy some from you. I'm getting about one or two a week from seven girls.

We have five California Girls and we're still getting 4 or 5 eggs a day. I'm w/ ya on the overproduction bit, they can take a break any time! (But I still am like a little kid going daily to get eggs. "Wow, a five egg day!") What troupers our gals are, still givin' it up for us on these short days!

only got 3 hens now im getting 2 a day .they will skip aday every once in awhile. 2 black jg and 1 andalusian. i miss my leghorns.

Back
Top Bottom