They're going to be so mad

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by 3chickchicks, Oct 19, 2013.

1. 3chickchicks

3chickchicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 25, 2013
    N. Texas
    I have four hens. The two wyandottes are pretty easy going. But I have a buff brahma (Penny) and a dominique (Lulu) who are pretty bold and don't bat an eye at telling me when I've done something to tick them off.
    Usually, I'll get a stink eye or two if I shoo them away from the feeder to refill it. Or perhaps I'll get an upset cluck-cluck if I mess with their coop (to clean it). But today, I'm sure I'll have crossed the line. Lulu and Penny cherish their free range time. They're used to coming and going as they please. But today, I am leaving and won't be back until late. Today I will need to lock them up and they won't get their evening romp.

I'm sure I'll hear about it tomorrow as I'm sure they will be pacing the floor and muttering who knows what about me. [​IMG]

Is there a support group I can join?

Last edited: Oct 19, 2013
  2. boskelli1571

boskelli1571 Overrun With Chickens

Mar 7, 2011
    Finger Lakes, NY
    Try the 'hen-pecked mommas' support group......[​IMG] Sue

1 person likes this.
  3. TTracy

TTracy Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 8, 2013
    Western Michigan
    Too funny!! Too True!
    It has been raining a lot here...my girls seem to think that this is my fault...smh..
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  4. boskelli1571

Mar 7, 2011
    Finger Lakes, NY
    Of course it's your fault!! Mine are the same, grumbling because they went to bed early 'cos of the rain, unhappy 'cos they're molting, didn't get their bedtime treat today & it's Saturday.........[​IMG]

5. TTracy

TTracy Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 8, 2013
    Western Michigan
    Sounds like my house today?!?!? Are you psychic? Scary......[​IMG]

6. 3chickchicks

3chickchicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 25, 2013
    N. Texas
    I think you're supposed to hold an umbrella for them. I'm not sure if this is right. My information comes from Lulu and she is a known liar.

So this morning, I went to let them out. I hadn't even gotten off the porch before I caught sight of Lulu giving me the stink eye of all stink eyes from underneath the coop. She shouldered Gwendolyn (one of the wyandottes) out of the way to clear space so that I would be in full view of her show of displeasure. She was furious!
    Then I got to the door. Usually they walk out in an organized and calm fashion but not this time. When I opened the door, I was about mowed over with flapping and bok'ing as they raced outside at full speed and went straight to the garden. Not a word was said about appreciating the wind block I put up for them last night so they'd stay warm. Not a word!
    Clearly, they had conducted a meeting about what to do with me and had come up with a solution. As they all reached the garden, I received four stink eyes, even from my sweet wyandottes. These stink eyes were so fearce, with such hot menace that they gave me an ulcer!

Oh brother. Where do I sign up for the "hen pecked mommas" group?

Last edited: Oct 20, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  7. boskelli1571

Mar 7, 2011
    Finger Lakes, NY
    Clearly you are a negligent momma!! Not only didn't you hold the umbrella, but you didn't lay the carpet for them to walk on...........

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by