They're growing....UPDATE

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Laura78, Mar 29, 2009.

1. Laura78

Laura78 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 24, 2009
    Snohomish County, WA
    Well at least 3 for sure. I've got 13 eggs in my bator on day 6 and decided to candle them tonight. So far 3 have veins, 4 seem to have nothing, 2 are too dark to see, and finally 4 seem to have a dark ring all the way around the egg. I'm so exicted. One of the eggs I had a feeling wasn't fertile, and the other 12 were left out in the cold (about 20 deg or less) for a few days.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2009
  2. EngieKisses

EngieKisses Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2008
    Collinsville, Oklahoma
    3 is better than none...Congrats!!!

3. Laura78

Feb 24, 2009
    Snohomish County, WA
    Quote:Oh I'm so happy, don't worry about that. I actually wasn't expecting any to hatch or even start growing. Now that I know some are I'm going to be wanting to candle them everyday. This is my first time hatching.

4. EngieKisses

EngieKisses Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2008
    Collinsville, Oklahoma
    It is so hard to just leave them be isnt it....then when hatching day is close it is almost impossible, lol

5. Skitz

Skitz Skitz15k

Nov 11, 2008
    Texas
    congrats! [​IMG] I know you have great results at the end [​IMG]

6. LilDucky85

LilDucky85 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2009
    Northern, Illinois
    Congrats!! Dont give up just yet! The other day I thought I had two dead eggs but then in the past two days they went from dark nothings, to becoming swimming embryos! I've learned a little patience in this whole process and thankfully had it with these two. "Giving it time" is so hard to do. I already pitched the infertile, and blood ring that were in the bunch. I did this around Day 7 for infertile, and Day 8 for the Bloodring. When I cracked each open luckily they were exactly what I suspected.

7. hollymh

hollymh *A Scrambled Egg*

Feb 8, 2009
    Texas
    YAY! Congrats, isn't so exciting to see life in a egg lol The first time I ever candled an egg I ran down the stairs to get hubby to see the lil dancing embryo!!!

8. Laura78

Feb 24, 2009
    Snohomish County, WA
    I didnt' see the embryo moving, but I know others have see it. Also I figure candling them a day early might be why, plus I was doing it near the bator and the light was on. I'm going to make him hide the flash light from me, lol. I can't do any candling during the day time. Every single room has a window and the light comes in so strong.

9. Laura78

Feb 24, 2009
    Snohomish County, WA
    Update. I just candled my eggs and saw 3 babies moving. Another looks like it has a blood ring, which I wish it didn't, it's my only Splash Frizzle. The other 9 look clear. I went ahead and opened one of the clear ones and sure enough, nothing growing.

10. LilDucky85

LilDucky85 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2009
    Northern, Illinois
    Quote:Even the bathroom?? Thats where I go! Ive even attempted to hide under a dark blanket to candle my eggs! LOL

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by