They're hatching

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Bisqit&Gravy, Jul 16, 2008.

1. Bisqit&Gravy

Bisqit&Gravy Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2008
    Went to visit my chickens earlier and got greeted by banty babies. There was 6 hatched so far but one was covered in knats(sp?) and just died:-( The others were covered too but they are fine. Thinking I read on here about knats killing chicks so I have moved them to the garage.
    Our big non-banty girl was sitting on them. We had made sure to removed any mille fluers eggs so they wouldn't be mixed breed and big momma's eggs are never fertile. It was a battle getting them away and thought we did good but what do you know if I have have feathered legged babies!!

Maybe my person that wanted them will still want some old english/mille fluers crosses.

They're still as cute as can be.

Here's what I have them in.....this is what I used for my hairless hamster. Works great for chickys. I had turned on a white light so they would be seen.
    [​IMG]

Excuss the mess. I cleaned up all the food after I took pics. I have those chick feeders but these guys are so small they fall in or can't reach it.
    [​IMG]

All the brown headed ones have feathered legs.
    [​IMG]

2. hinkjc

hinkjc Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jan 11, 2007
    PA
    Aww, they are so cute. Congrats! [​IMG]

Jody

3. Bisqit&Gravy

Bisqit&Gravy Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2008
    Thanks:) I'm hoping to be greeted by some more tomorrow since she's still sitting on the rest.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by