They're here! Baby duckling pictures; come see the cuteness!

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by DeckDuck, Feb 13, 2013.

1. DeckDuck

DeckDuck Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2013
    My new baby duckies came this morning! [​IMG] I ordered them from Metzer Farms and I was worried about just two ducklings traveling across the country for three days but they both arrived safe and sound. I thought that the Duck forum deserved some pictures after helping me figure out which breeds would be the most appropriate. I did end up going with one Blue Swede and One Buff Orpington -both female. We like pictures here, right? [​IMG]

In their box. One of the flaps on the lid had been folded back from so many people peeking in at them. I could barely make it out of the post office with them peeping and drawing everyone over.

[​IMG]

The Buff Orpington girl:

[​IMG]

The Blue Swede girl. She is proving to be a very opinionated little thing.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

AAaand, last but not least, a video of their very first explorations. [​IMG]

Update: New clips added to the video

http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w7hZOvBBV2M

Last edited: Feb 13, 2013
  2. jdywntr

jdywntr Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 31, 2009
    Somerville, AL
    congrats

3. DeckDuck

DeckDuck Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2013
    Thank you :)

4. poultrylubber

poultrylubber Chillin' With My Peeps

They are sooo cute!!!! I really want to raise some ducks:) Congrats!

5. missnu01

missnu01 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 16, 2012
    I can't wait to get my ducklings. We are ordering 15. 5 rouens, 5 peking, and 5 khaki campbell. My husband wants them for eating and I want them for eggs and pets...So I am getting them straight run and I will pick my favorite male to keep and then whatever females we end up with. I want to bring 2 into the house as opposed to brooding them with the others to be my pet ducks...my luck I will pick 2 males and we will end up eating one of them...I hope not. Anyway I am so eggcited for all my little fuzz babies this spring. I will be getting chicks from murray mcmurray and then a few more chicks, and ducks and turkeys from cackle hatchery.

6. poultrylubber

poultrylubber Chillin' With My Peeps

They are soooo cute!!!! Congrats :) I really want to raise some ducks!

7. Going Quackers

Going Quackers Overrun With Chickens

May 24, 2011
    On, Canada
    How cute are they! kinda fun for me to see a buff.. i have two coming shortly(end of may) they er.. are rather loud, all my dogs came over to see what the heck i had [​IMG] In their defense we raised the first ducks in the house and the chickens too. [​IMG] So they are accustomed to little feathered babies. I swear i don't recall my 'scovies being this vocal, this should be interesting i intend on brooding the buffs in the duck barn(in a brooder) wonder how they'll like the noisy companions.

8. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    They are precious, thanks for sharing them with us. [​IMG]

9. chickenlisa

chickenlisa Invincible Summer

Apr 9, 2007
    Baby ducklings never get old...as in; I hatch every year or 2 and every time I see another baby duck, I want to hatch more of them. Such cuteness! Too bad they grow up so stinkin' fast!
    Lisa

10. missnu01

missnu01 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 16, 2012
    I would love to have some muscovy ducks, but I can't find them anywhere to order from. Every once in awhile there are some people on craigslist trying to sell some, but they are a good little stretch away from us.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by