They're here!!!!! Muscovy baby PICS. *NEW PICS* 2.5 weeks old

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by jdywntr, Apr 4, 2012.

1. jdywntr

jdywntr Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 31, 2009
    Somerville, AL
    Woke up this morning for work and checked on my Muscovy hen, she had 4 babies (I think) it was dark and I didn't have a lot of time. I got home 12.5 hours later and there are 11 (again I think) she had knocked one egg out of the nest, not sure if she meant to or it got tossed out with the shells. It was cold but I brought it inside and I'm warming it just in case. There are 2 more eggs in the nest ( I think ) which on quick exam did not appear pipped but it was hard to tell with a worried mom chirping and hovering. I didn't want her to hurt the babies accidentally if I scared her too much.

So without further ado:
    This morning
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Tonight
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

SO CUTE. I swear, looking at the pics, some look chocolate. Mom and dad are black and white but the breeder had all colors.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2012
  2. Aeropennchick

Aeropennchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 20, 2012
    Southern PA
    They are so freaking adorable! Congrats!

3. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    They are so precious,, Congrats to you and your duck...Now the fun begins!!

Last edited: Apr 4, 2012
  4. cukooformarans

cukooformarans Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2011
    Alabama
    They are really cute! And some do look chocolate in the pic. Is that possible????? Maybe the drake is carrying one copy of the chocolate gene? Making any that appear chocolate hens??? Gosh they are so adorable! :)

5. Going Quackers

Going Quackers Overrun With Chickens

May 24, 2011
    On, Canada
    oh wow.. what an incredibly cute bunch of babies! I have a hen sitting on a nest right now.. should be interesting, as she is a coloured bird herself and i have black barred and a black capped white drake that she could have mated with... i am hoping for colour and hens.. those i will be keeping a few of lol

6. featherfinder

featherfinder Runner Lover

Very cute!!!!

7. nanaluvsgps

nanaluvsgps Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 5, 2012
    Australia
    Adorable!!!

8. jdywntr

jdywntr Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 31, 2009
    Somerville, AL
    Thanks everyone. There are 11. 2 are yellow with black spots on the head, 2 are yellow with lighter spots on head and dark tails [​IMG] (don't know what they will look like ) and the rest are yellow and (I assume) black. I pulled the other eggs and I think 2 were duds and 1 got pushed out and cold yesterday.

9. coonhoundmama87

coonhoundmama87 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 26, 2011
    Wisconsin
    Awww I'm so jealous! I have 3 of my ten hens sittin right now, I can't wait til they hatch and my yard is covered in adorable little babies again!

10. 3LilBirds

3LilBirds Chillin' With My Peeps

Aaawww! I think I just squealed like a little girl... lol Sooo cute and gratz!!! Thanks for sharing!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by