Theyre HERE! My Rick Hare Rosecombs are here!!! WOOT!!!

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by kryptoniteqhs, Feb 7, 2009.

1. kryptoniteqhs

kryptoniteqhs Rosecomb Rich

Nov 14, 2008
    Perris, CA
    Edited again to add: They will be here either on 2/24 or 2/25!!! Earlier the better!!!!

ETA: Ive got some Black Rosecomb Bantams on the way from Rick Hare!!! 3 pullets and a cockerel!! YAAAAAY!!! I cant wait!!!

I dont know if this is an appropriate question to ask, but who has better stock, Rick Hare or the Bennet family?? We are talking about Black Rosecombs only.

ETA: SEE LAST POST

Last edited: Feb 26, 2009
  2. NYREDS

NYREDS Overrun With Chickens

Jan 14, 2008
    Both have excellent birds but Rick has been breeding them much longer & has more of a track record. I also know that any bird he sells you as a show breeder will be a good bird-he doesn't pass off junk as quality. I have been to his farm and was amazed at the consistant quality of the 300+ Rosecombs I saw.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2009
  3. kryptoniteqhs

Nov 14, 2008
    Perris, CA
    YAY!!!!!!!! cuz i already ordered 4 from him!!! woo hoo!!!!!!!!

4. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    I've heard more positive stories on Rick than I do with the Bennett Family. Both are good breeders but I agree with NYReds and a breeder with improved quality year after year is the best bet for your start in Rosecombs.

5. kryptoniteqhs

Nov 14, 2008
    Perris, CA
    yay!! theyre coming next week!!

6. kryptoniteqhs

Nov 14, 2008
    Perris, CA
    Ok it got pushed up a week cuz of the plane crash (poor people)! [​IMG]

But they should be here on Tuesday or Wednesday of next week! [​IMG]
    They will ship out on Monday!!! [​IMG] yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Share my excitement with me!!! Theres plenty extra to go around!! [​IMG]

7. kryptoniteqhs

Nov 14, 2008
    Perris, CA

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by