They're here!!! (Pics included) *Updated pics further down thread

busyteacher

In the Brooder
8 Years
Jul 31, 2011
I awoke this morning to two little chirping chicks!!
ya.gif
And one more egg that I can see a little beak in so it should be here sometime today! These chicks are kinda special to me because we weren't sure we would even be able to get them because it had was a week after our rooster was killed that we decided to try. Just goes to show how many eggs are in the making at one time inside a hen! I know this picture is not very good but you can kind see the two and the egg between them is the one that will be joining them. The fourth egg hasn't even pipped yet but today is day 21 so I am holding out hope.

101984_imag0127.jpg

Last edited:
YAHHHHH it's great when the first one comes out because it seems to get the others going a lot faster and the wait isn't so bad. Great job....

Thanks guys! They are all four here now. Last one hatched out overnight last night. I am waiting for them to fluff up and then will take another pic. Two are a gorgeous color.

Here are updated pics. They are too cute and all seem to be doing well!
The first two are a guess as to who was first born. Wish I would have stayed up to know which one came out of which egg though so I could know the breeds. The third and fourth are in the right orders!

101984_chick_1.jpg

101984_chick_2.jpg

101984_chick_3.jpg

101984_chick_4.jpg

Back
Top Bottom