gritsar

Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!
14 Years
Nov 9, 2007
SW Arkansas
My 2nd flock arrived this morning.

All arrived fine - They were jumping out of the box at the post office
lol.png

It only took 24 hrs. this time. Last time it took 48.

Thanks to Ideal for some beautiful chicks. I'm already
love.gif
with the turkens and Ideal did a fine job of giving me a variety of colors in the turkens - a buff/red, a black one, a white one and a multi-colored one.
jumpy.gif

The salmon faverolles seem a bit crazy, already doing laps in the brooder. Using reverse pyschology we've named the two (unsexed) silkies Heckle and Jeckle, hoping that by giving them male names they'll be females.

Anyhow, here's some pics my DH took to get you started. I'll get more pics by breed after they've had a chance to settle into the brooder.

4810_2ndflock_004.jpg

4810_2ndflock_003.jpg

4810_2ndflock_002.jpg

4810_2ndflock_001.jpg

Kinda funny. We're night people so I usually sleep till around 10. For some reason I was wide awake at 7 this morning and the PO called at 8.

Oh My God! This is the one year anniversary that I got chicks! We have the same chickaversary!!
lau.gif
They are really cute though!

I remember when my 16 chicks came from mypetchicken. I already had 5 I got from 4-H, the five in the minority freaked out because they were being overun!!!

But the 16 kept passing out, I guess cause of the long ride, so the 5 just slept with them! I guess monkey see monkey do.

Last edited:
Quote:
I think so too! They are just too freakin cute! The silkies are cute of course, but nothing beats a solid black turken that looks like she is wearing a bad toupee.
lol.png

Quote:
As far as I can tell, all four have the bowties.
big_smile.png
I haven't handled them alot yet. I did lay my hand on the floor of the brooder and three of them ran over to see what I had. OMG! Talk about food driven!
My black turken has been named in honor of speckledhen's hen, Ivy.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom