They're here! The finally came!!! UPDATE**PICTURES**

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by perfectly_polish, Feb 21, 2008.

1. perfectly_polish

perfectly_polish Overrun With Chickens

Mar 1, 2007
    CT
    My ducks from MMH have finally came. I got a call from the PO at 6:58am to tell my chicks have arrived [​IMG]. I drove there as fast as I could, I checked the box, and they sent me 13(I ordered 12) and they are all alive, healthy, and very livley [​IMG]. They were trying to jump out of the box in the car. haha. The extra they sent was a fawn and white runner. So all together I have 3 F&W Runner(1 m 1f 1 st run) 2 Blue runners(1m 1f), 2 chocolate runners(1m 1f), 2 Black runners(1m 1F), 2 Blue swedish(1m 1f), and 2 Buff Ducks(1m 1F). They were sent from CA. Not IA where MMH is. They appartently don't hatch their own ducks, I wonder where they did come from. They also had leg bands on, some where white and some black. The extra duck didn't have one on. So maybe that is to tell the males from the females. I do have to take them off soon though. Pictures are coming, they're still downloading to photobucket. And I have another order of 39 chicks coming sunday. This is going to be a busy week!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 21, 2008
  2. hypnofrogstevie

hypnofrogstevie chick magnet

Jul 12, 2007
    Newton NJ
    YAY!!!! Cant wait to see som epics later [​IMG]

3. momof3

momof3 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 5, 2007
    Iowa
    I'm so glad they arrived healthy. Ducklings are adorable. Enjoy them.

4. countryboy

countryboy Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 31, 2007
    they are good looking ducklings glad they all arrived safely. weekly growth pics would be great to show their progress.

5. 4-H chicken mom

4-H chicken mom Overrun With Chickens

Aug 3, 2007
    Oberlin, OH
    They are really cute. I love the black and white pictures. Are ducks hard to take care of? [​IMG]

6. perfectly_polish

Mar 1, 2007
    CT
    Quote:Umm..well I guess it really depends. They are very messy especially with their water, but they are pretty much just like chickens, but a little messier, louder, bigger, and some need a pond or a kiddie pool.

Quote:I will deffiently be posting a lot of pictures, you can count on that [​IMG]

7. Heidi

Heidi Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2007
    Northwest Michigan
    Wow - couldn't tell you were happy about their arrival. [​IMG] They look adorable!! Congrats!

8. Henrietta23

Henrietta23 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 20, 2007
    Eastern CT
    I'm doomed. We went to TS this morning. They have a sign saying they're getting chicks and ducks on April 13. No way can I not go back to see them and if I see them I have to have them!

9. perfectly_polish

Mar 1, 2007
    CT
    Quote:Where abouts in CT are you. I never can seem to find a TS around me. I heard someone say that they either already have baby rabbits or they are getting them in soon. I don't know how I'm suppose to resist those cute little noses either. I need to go to a CA(chicken anonymous meeting) hahaha [​IMG]

10. chickenranchwife

chickenranchwife Chillin' With My Peeps

I love the little ducks as much as I love the chicks.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by