1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

They're here, they're here!!! (pics)

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by augustmomx2, Mar 12, 2009.

1. augustmomx2

augustmomx2 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 31, 2008
    Central Indiana
    I'm soooo excited right now!! My chicks were shipped out from Ideal yesterday & arrived in Central Indiana today @ 10am! The PO was great, the guy I talked to early this morning, called me on my cell as soon as they arrived [​IMG] I received all of my chicks (I ordered 12 pullets) & received 7 extra RIRs for "packing peanuts." They marked their heads, even tho I didn't request them to. They are all eating & drinking very well & are so funny when they sleep. There is an EE that has stolen my heart, she's so puffy & brave [​IMG] Okay enough, enough, I could go on forever! Here are some pics!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    The EE that I love is in the middle, the cream colored chick w/the black stripes

2. equus2

equus2 Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG]

3. flakey chick

flakey chick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 3, 2007
    Florida
    Aww, thanks for the pic fix. I am curious. What is that pink "litter"? Shamwow?

4. Andora

Andora Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 26, 2008
    Lexington, Kentucky
    Oooh they're so adorable!! I'm trying to be patient until this weekend when I get my chicks. EE's are sneaky like that--they're my favorite breed.

5. augustmomx2

Aug 31, 2008
    Central Indiana
    Quote:OMG that is hysterical! [​IMG] My husband brought home 2 ginormous rolls of industrial-strength papertowels. They're super-absorbent & although they try, the babies can't pick & shred them. Thanks for looking [​IMG]

6. augustmomx2

Aug 31, 2008
    Central Indiana
    Quote:Make sure you post pics, I'm sure mine will grow-up super fast & I'll be needing a baby-pic-fix [​IMG] I know me & my 6yo are arguing as to whom the EE belongs to. As soon as he got home from school he said "that one is my favorite" pointing to MY favorite!

7. boxermom

boxermom Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 22, 2009
    Spencer,IA
    They are adorable.. [​IMG]

8. chookchick

chookchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 18, 2008
    Olympia WA
    oooh that's going to be a pretty-looking EE. Be sure and post us some progress pics!

9. blueheaven

blueheaven Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2009
    Central Indiana
    what part of indiana? i am a hoosier too. i am anxiously awaiting my chicks...april 28! i cannot wait.

10. Bluedog420

Bluedog420 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 24, 2008
    Cartersville, Ky
    AWWWWWWW...lol [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by