1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

They're here, they're here!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by jenichick, Oct 30, 2007.

1. jenichick

jenichick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 1, 2007
    NC
    The post office just called......she said I have a loud package of chicki-dees waiting for you. I ordered 15 silkie, cochin, Milli-Fleur and Porclains (not sure how many of what yet) from Meyer Hatcher. [​IMG]

I'm an hour away at work, I want so bad to rush over and get them and spend all afternoon with them. I can't, BUT, I called DH who's business is about 3 blocks from there and I told him the babies were in. He turned to his daughter who's visiting and his secretary and said "the chickies are here, the chickies are here".

He said we'll run over and get em, that he turned the lights on over the brooder in the shop this morning that's it's all warmed up. I told him LISTEN, you have to take each one out GENTLY and dip it's little beak in the water, and PLEASE DON'T DROWN THEM. I said please be gentle and call me! He's seen me do it but poor guy, he'sl like Paul Bunyon with big hands, but he'll be gentle.

I'll be posting pics either tonight or tomorrow!!! Maybe I can even get one on Nifty's mug thread!

Last edited: Oct 30, 2007
  2. JenniferJoIN

JenniferJoIN Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 10, 2007
    Southern Indiana
    Ah... the chick high! Post pictures of your new babies when you can!!

3. jenichick

Jun 1, 2007
    NC
    Hubby just called he said "Operation Silkie" is underway. He said we have 16 healthy babies. He let his son and daughter take them out and dip their beaks and he said one is really small. I could hear them over the phone peeping loud and proud. I had him put a little food on a paper towel so they could eat, and he said they were eating already. [​IMG] [​IMG]

He said there are two black one with pouffy heads (Yeah) [​IMG]

and two white ones with pouffy heads, and some with black stripes and dots.

I'm glad I trained them well when we got our first chicks.... [​IMG]

4. Southern28Chick

Southern28Chick Flew The Coop

Apr 16, 2007
    How great is that?! Good to hear that they all made it safe and sound!!!

5. Heidi

Heidi Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2007
    Northwest Michigan
    I'm glad they arrived safe and sound. I bet you can't wait to get home. It's so hard when you have little chickies at home and you have to work. [​IMG]

6. jenichick

Jun 1, 2007
    NC
    wow, they're beautiful. I left early, ran home made sure they were ok, ran to accountant appointment with DH, then got home, cooked dinner etc.

I can see at least two blue silkies, two white, two buff, one black, two mille-fleurs, and haven't figured the rest out. DS called and asked for me to babysit my grandaughter so they could go see a movie, of course I said yes. I haven't see her in two weeks!!

I went out tonight got 6 regular eggs two soft shelled (rubber eggs), cooked dinner, listened to DD about her "stuff", now I'm stealing a minute for me, while watching boo boo!

I'll try to post the pics I got Thurs, have a date tommorrow night with DH.

We don't celebrate holloween so we go out!

7. BantyChickMom

BantyChickMom Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 25, 2007
    Henderson, NC
    Can't wait to see

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by