1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

They're Here, They're Here!!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by chicken mamma, Apr 28, 2008.

1. chicken mamma

chicken mamma Out Of The Brooder

Mar 19, 2008
    North Texas
    [​IMG] Well My nephew got here earlier then expected this morning, and so for an hour I heard, call the post office, call the post office, so finally at 8:30 I called the post office. They said they had a few peeping boxes and would check to see if one of them had my name on them...Indeed it did. And so now, I bring you, the newest edition to Poe Prarie Poultry [​IMG]. I dont know exactly who all is who, but I know that one of my buff japanese banties didn't make it and two of my white crested polish bantams didn't make it. I have one silver polish that just isn't thriving well, he's tiny, so we will see how he does. So in addtion to what I have we are not proud parents of 3 new buff brahma bantams, 1 white crested polish bant. 4 white cornish bantams, 2 buff japanese bant., 3 blue cochins, 2 1/2 silver polish, 3 cuckoo marans, 3 white cochins, 3 barred rocks, 3 jumbo cornish x rocks, and one little rare chick he's silverish and he's little little. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 28, 2008
  2. bamadominaker

bamadominaker Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 7, 2008
    Honoraville, Alabama
    What a beautiful group. I hope evryone else is doing well by the end of the day. Good luck, I have put mine out for the whole day. They are in thier new 8x6 tractor. they seem to love it. Good Luck....[​IMG] [​IMG]

3. thechickenchick

thechickenchick Born city, Living country

Mar 8, 2008
    Eaton, Colorado
    Congrats!! They are little sweeties![​IMG]

4. equine chick

equine chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 9, 2007
    pennsylvania
    Congrats! Baby chicks are always so much fun.

5. CathyB

CathyB Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2008
    PA
    They are so adorable! I have 18 more days until I get my babies! No fair..........

6. CritterHill

CritterHill Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 3, 2008
    SE PA
    Oh so cute! Mine are coming tomorrow. I think my head will explode by then...

7. Frizzledhen

Frizzledhen Spear Gunnin' Coons

Feb 17, 2007
    Michigan
    [​IMG] cute [​IMG] cute [​IMG] cute [​IMG] cute

8. chicken mamma

chicken mamma Out Of The Brooder

Mar 19, 2008
    North Texas
    even the 5 minute drive to the post office was taking to long. they are all settling in nicely, I have no idea what the silver chick is, I've looked all through mcmurrays website to no avail. I was hoping it was an Egyptian Fayoumis, but its not, who knows what it is, I guess we'll have to wait until it starts sporting some feathers.

9. basicliving

basicliving Keepin' the sunny side up

Mar 20, 2008
    Shenandoah Valley, VA
    Yay! I'm glad they finally got there. They are SO cute!!!! I hope the weak one does better. They are all so cute I could just kiss their little wings right off of them!

Congrats!!!!
    Penny

10. pattee

pattee Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 18, 2008
    Seattle Washington
    [​IMG]
    You got your chicks!!! I'm sorry about the ones that didn't survive.
    You got some real cuties!

I ordered 11 and am now a bit nervous some won't make it, and if that is so ..... [​IMG]

Yea for you!!!!!!![​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by