1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

They're here! They're here!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Cheri, Jun 15, 2007.

1. Cheri

Cheri Chillin' With My Peeps

May 6, 2007
    Dayton, TX
    Im broke but I gots my babies! But...........I had to rush and put them in with the older chicks and it was hilarious! Foggy was more interested in the crates they came in. Rowdy was honking (?) Rocky was just not that interested. The big girls came and checked them out right away. They are a little mean to the wee ones but I haven't seen any real damage. I can't let them out because the domineckers are small and might get out through the fence. They were really interested when Dan hammered some wood on the south window so the rain wouldn't get it. They couldn't believe it! So nosey are my girls!!!

Oh and on a sad note.......my ducks didn't come in yet. Maybe next week Josh said.

2. mudhen

mudhen confidently clueless

Jan 15, 2007
    Shepherdstown, WV
    Congrats on the new additions!! [​IMG]

3. Cheri

May 6, 2007
    Dayton, TX
    I cannot wait until I can let them out in the yard.

4. Cheri

May 6, 2007
    Dayton, TX
    Ok since I had to seperate the boys from the girls, the girls have really been getting along. There are 3 Anconas that will come to the window and look you over! They are so silly looking. The domineckers remind me of little old ladies. [​IMG]

5. mudhen

mudhen confidently clueless

Jan 15, 2007
    Shepherdstown, WV
    Sounds like you're having fun with them! I love watching their personalities start to develop.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by