They're here!!! was- GAAH! The waiting is driving me insane!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Life is Good!, Apr 6, 2012.

1. Life is Good!

Life is Good! Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2011
    suburbia Chicagoland
    Update, Sat. 6:34am, 4/7/12

THEY'RE HERE!!! Got the call from my favorite postal clerk!
    [​IMG]
    25 peeping, cheeping, fluffy fuzzies! Now, I'm hooked. Looks like I'll need to build a more permanent brooder than the cardboard framed one....because I cannot believe how wonderful these little creations are! More!

These little ones are super cute! Wow! Hope I remember to do things like, oh, cook, feed my human kids (they're 13 and 10 and really self-reliant if they choose to be) and be anywhere other than the barn watching them!

Thank you to all who sent happy vibes, prayers and support this direction - it's much, much appreciated! Pictures coming if I can find the cord to the camera...

******************************************************************************************************************

[​IMG]

Our 25 Freedom Ranger chicks were mailed Wednesday, 4/4, Priority shipment from PA to Chicagoland.

It's a good thing I live 2 blocks from the post office, because I've been there now 4 times today! I'm grateful that I already know the front office staff so well...we've lived here 15 years and the staff has remained the same for all those years. ALL of them know us (Boy Scouts - they all love popcorn sale time and purchase from us!), so it's nice to be recognized. Good thing it's a small-ish town.

They ALL know we're awaiting chicks. They ALL know they *should* arrive today (Friday). But I forgot to get a tracking number on our order. And it's driving me NUTS not knowing where my chicks are! There's one more truck today, then not again until 5:30am tomorrow.

[​IMG]

If they're not on this truck tonight - I'm seriously going to need something stiff to be able to sleep tonight! Been up since 5am waiting on these little ones....not sure if I can take another day!

Please help by telling me they're ok! (I know the first 72 hrs they're fine w/o food/water....but mercy, we're starting to cut it close!)

Last edited: Apr 7, 2012
  2. Wolftalk

Wolftalk Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 1, 2011
    The Coop :)
    They are Just Fine!!! They will be there any time now! Please post pics when you get them :)

3. QualityPolish

QualityPolish Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 7, 2011
    Utah
    You MUST post pictures when you get them tonight ;)
    QP

4. Life is Good!

Life is Good! Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2011
    suburbia Chicagoland
    Nope, they're not on the last truck tonight...which means ANOTHER impatient night's sleep.

Keep your fingers crossed that wherever they are tonight, they're warm enough...it's another hard freeze forecasted for here...

BAH! I HATE waiting!

5. Wolftalk

Wolftalk Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 1, 2011
    The Coop :)
    sending warmth your chicks way :) [​IMG] Dont forget to sleep!

6. Megs501

Megs501 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 2, 2012
    Flint Hills KS
    My Coop
    Oh I know you're so anxious! The worst thing the sweet lady at MPC ever did was give this woman (me) the tracking number to my chicks! Haha really having that is mor nerve racking because the info doesn't update regularly... And mine were lost for a day, detoured to new Orleans. :( but they all (6) arrive healthy, spunky, and hungry! :)

No worries mama, they will be here soon. Post pics for us when they arrive!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by