They're here!!!!! (With pics)

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Jsto, May 15, 2007.

1. Jsto

Jsto Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 30, 2007
    North Carolina
    My babies arrived this afternoon, just arond 1:00!! It was lovely because they were due tomorrow, although they had told me there is a large possibility they'd show up today. The phone rang and even before the woman could tell me they were there, I heard the peeping and hopped in the car. All the girls are happy and healthy. I'm sitting here watching and they've all just woken from a quick nap to have some more food, which they found immediately.

MPC gave us an extra chick (another black star, who is absolutely tiny), so now we have a well rounded 6! (I'm sure the number won't be that small for long. I'm already in love!)

I've taken tons of pics already--sorry the quality isn't so hot. I haven't quite mastered getting down in the brooder to take that perfect picture. After they've destressed and rested a bit, I'll try again [​IMG]

Ok, enough rambling, here's what you opened the thread for:

Having a little nap [​IMG]

Food!! [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Delaware, all spread out [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Gorgeous SLW [​IMG]

Golden Campine [​IMG]

Black Star[​IMG]

The pictures I took of the little black Silkie didn't come out well, but she is gorgeous. I'm already falling hard for her. She's the most vocal and puts up quite the fuss if left on her own. If I lay my hand down in the brooder, she immediately hops up on it and promptly falls asleep.

Ohhh, I'm in trouble [​IMG]

Last edited: May 15, 2007
  2. mudhen

mudhen confidently clueless

Jan 15, 2007
    Shepherdstown, WV
    Ohhh, congratulations!! They are darling, and I love the sprawled out delaware peep!! [​IMG]

3. justusnak

justusnak Flock Mistress

Oh my!!! They are sooo cute!! Congrats on the "first ones" [​IMG] Let us know when you get you next order!! [​IMG]

4. Jsto

Apr 30, 2007
    North Carolina
    I have a feeling that next order isn't as far off as I'd like to think. Gosh, I am such the sucker. I've barely left them for 10 minutes!!

5. herechickchick

herechickchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2007
    Memphis TN
    If your Delaware has half the personality mine do you are in for a real treat, they are absolutely darling birds! I hope one day to have a whole flock of Delawares, and go ahead get some more, today alone I ordered a handsome Sumatra roo and I am working out my next order of chicks! We are all chicken crazy here so go ahead and get them! POST MORE PICS! I LOVE PICS! THERE ARE NOT ENOUGH PICS ON THIS SITE [​IMG]

Congratulations

6. Saltiena

Saltiena Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2007
    Peach Bottom
    aww, they are so cute, and now that you have them and you are hooked you will probably get more so let me say in advance don't forget more pics! [​IMG] i'm just joking, ooo i can't wait to get mine in june, only 30 days left i can't wait [​IMG] congrats on yours [​IMG]

7. Critter Crazy

Critter Crazy Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2007
    Binghamton, NY
    awwww...they are so cute!![​IMG]

8. ozark hen

ozark hen Living My Dream

Apr 4, 2007
    Mansfield, MO
    wow how gorgeous are they?? In the first picture I thought they were in with a stuffed yellow chick. ha then the one photo of the chick stretched out asleep looked scary. [​IMG] they are so darned cute. Keep those photos coming!

9. Jsto

Apr 30, 2007
    North Carolina
    The Delaware is so fun to watch. She has the sweetest face and is probably by far the most curious of the bunch. They're all a hoot. I love when they get a little burst of energy, hop up and just take off across the brooder. I've finally left them alone for a bit, but am itching to go back out there.

The Silkie is hilarious to watch as well--she's so clumsy and teensy. I'm addicted to them all. We've already named them...after other 'cool chicks' [​IMG] The SLW is Elvira (so not my idea), the Golden Campine is Goldie Hawn, one of the Black Stars is Aretha (Franklin, that is) and the other is Gladys Knight. And the Silkie is Patti LaBelle, because of the fluffy feathers.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by