They're here!

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by FeelingDucky, Mar 20, 2017.

1. FeelingDucky

FeelingDucky Just Hatched

Feb 8, 2017
    10 beautiful ducklings from Metzer arrived happy and healthy last Wed![​IMG] These are the first ducklings we've ever had and they are just a kick. Pretty skitzy though, lol. Will they calm down? Their setup is a 2x7 foot browser with the light on one end...they're getting non medicated chick starter with nutritional yeast added, and a little bowl of grit. Have I forgotten anything? Any suggestions? They're adorable! [​IMG][/IMG][/IMG]

2. FeelingDucky

Feb 8, 2017
    [​IMG]

3. Hillaire

Hillaire Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 13, 2017
    Hudson Valley NY
    congrats on the new ducklings, I have 2 mallards that were pretty skittish at first as well, my fiancé sits with them after work and talks to them and they've come around. You just have to spend time with them for them to get used to you. What breed are they?

4. FeelingDucky

Feb 8, 2017
    We have 2 runners, 2 cayugas, 2 Welsh harlequins, 2 khaki campbells, and two golden hybrids. We wanted a selection, lol!

5. Ducks4us

Ducks4us Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2015
    North Idaho
    Super cute! You have to spend alot and i mean alot of time with them.
    Starting on day two after arrival i took them out once or twice a day for a swim in the bathtub. Or other container for swimming.
    And sit with them with my hand in there so they get used to me, my voice and my hand. By the first fews days they are already not scared.
    I sit with mine every evening for at least an hour. They sleep on my lap. And feed treats from your hand ! That helps a ton:) have fun.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2017
    1 person likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by