THEY'RE HERE!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Debby10, May 15, 2009.

1. Debby10

Debby10 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 21, 2009
    Mt. Bethel
    You will all think me very silly to be so excited, and, of course, its no news to you, but I'm just THRILLED. These are my first chickens and I'm pretty darn excited.

[​IMG]

My order from Privitt Hatchery arrived less than 48 hours after they were shipped. They seem very healthy, bright and alert. They are all eating and drinking. I'm going to get another, larger wading pool so they won't be the least be over crowded, since I neglected to get their beaks trimmed. And I think they need another waterer and another feeder.

The first bag of crumbles is medicated. Then I'll switch to unmedicated. The temperature is around 94 degrees right under the light and, much to my surprise, they are actually capering around like twin colts!

I better go look at them again...and again, and again!

Debby

2. Debby10

Mar 21, 2009
    Mt. Bethel
    Whoops! I posted the wrong picture!!! Darn. I will never learn my way around the computer.

[​IMG]

Debby

3. ArizonaNessa

ArizonaNessa Joyfully Addicted

Apr 7, 2009
    Texas
    Congrats!!! [​IMG] and welcome to the wonderful world of chickens.

4. cposz

cposz Chillin' With My Peeps

May 5, 2009
    Twin Cities, MN
    What a sweet looking henhouse!

5. mener6896

mener6896 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2009
    Noblesville, IN
    I am so jealous!!! I ordered mine the first of May and they won't come in until June 7th!!! But you have to post more pics of your henhouse!! I am in the process of building mine and would like more ideas; especially your nesting boxes!!!

6. LilbitChicken

LilbitChicken Chillin' With My Peeps

May 5, 2009
    Hey! LOVE THE COOP!!!![​IMG]
    THOSE little fuzzy babies are adorable! CONGRATULATIONS! [​IMG]

7. cochinbantam-lover

cochinbantam-lover Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2009
    Wisconsin
    If you're silly then so is everyone else that is here! [​IMG] I am expecting that call in a day or two!!!! [​IMG]

8. Cackling Hen

Cackling Hen Just Scratching Around

Apr 21, 2009
    Port Angeles Wa
    Ahhhh take lots of pictures they grow FAST You are gunna love them

9. LeghornLisa

LeghornLisa Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2009
    Good for you!! I feel your excitement. This is all new to me too, I am sitting here with an empty brooder waiting for my girls to show up next week. I only ordered 6, I wish I had ordered more but I have never done this before and I'm just hoping everything goes smooth. Any advice?

10. Debby10

Mar 21, 2009
    Mt. Bethel
    Quote:Hopefully some of the other more experienced will help you out. But it sounds good that you have your brooder ready. Check out some of the frequently asked questions at the top of the index page, if you haven't already.

Debby

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by