They're here!!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Badhbh, Feb 7, 2008.

1. Badhbh

Badhbh Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 16, 2007
    Southern Indiana
    2 sex links, 2 Ameracuana, 2 Mille Fluer D'Uccles, 2 porcelain D'Uccles, 2 partridge silkies and 2 white silkies! TOO CUTE! I swear, it's cute overload. I have them in a box with a heat lamp in the back room at work. Temp is at 95* and they're drinking, and all trying to get in the feeder at one time. I can identify the troublemakers already. One of the Mille Fleurs is the shy retiring type I hope, and not ill. Pictures after i get home this evening. They all arrived fine and happy. The lady at the post office called and said how cute they were, and could I come pick them up? lol. I got to the lobby and all I could hear was PEEPPEEPPEPPEPPEEPEEP!!!! They were very loud. The folks in line let me cut to pick them up [​IMG] A spanish speaking man in line told me how beautiful they were. [​IMG] And now my co workers are all sneaking back one at a time to coo over them.
    ::happydance::

2. chickenranchwife

chickenranchwife Chillin' With My Peeps

I am glad they made it ok for you. Where did you order them from?

3. Badhbh

Nov 16, 2007
    Southern Indiana
    I got them from Ideal. They all made it. I am worried about the one Mille Fluer though. She's just sitting there. The rest are being rambunctious, but she's hanging out under the lamp. Shes not lethargic, just not uppity. She throws a fit when I pick her up.

4. chickenranchwife

chickenranchwife Chillin' With My Peeps

Did you try sugar water for them? Might not hurt to add a little sugar.

5. sfisher

sfisher Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 20, 2008
    Myrtle Beach
    Badhbh what day did Ideal tell you was going to be the shipping date? I have a ship date for next wed. the 13th just wondering if they will make it in 1 or 2 days.

6. Badhbh

Nov 16, 2007
    Southern Indiana
    They have the electrolyte mix in their water. I looked at little Floppy girl, and there's something goingon with her vent.. it doesn't look like poop on it, it looks like a scab?

They said that they were shipping on Wednesday, but the PO said that they shipped on Monday. (?) It's weird. I'll look at the box next time I go back there and see what the ship date was.

7. Badhbh

Nov 16, 2007
    Southern Indiana
  8. Badhbh

Nov 16, 2007
    Southern Indiana
    Update: Whatever it was on little Floppy's butt is now gone. WEIRD. She seems to be perking up a little.

9. halo

halo Got The Blues

Nov 22, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    Oh yeah, definite cuteness overload there.

10. tomsgonefishin

tomsgonefishin Out Of The Brooder

Jul 27, 2007
    Raleigh, North Carolina
    Mine should be here tomorrow morning from Ideal. They shipped on Wed.
    2 gold sex links, 1 Americauna, 1 Delaware, 1 Australorp, 7 cornish X for warmth. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by