They're Here!!!!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Chickadee28, Mar 4, 2008.

1. Chickadee28

Chickadee28 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 20, 2007
    Western IL
    PO just called and the chicks are there, DH works close to the PO so he is on his way to get them and bring them home! I will post pics soon. I am a first time chicken owner, this is so exciting, better than Christmas! [​IMG]

2. DouglasPeeps

DouglasPeeps Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 26, 2008
    Colorado
    Can't wait to see you pictures. I am a first time chicken owner too! Ours are now almost 4 weeks and almost 3 weeks old. We felt the same way when the PO called. I actually couldn't sleep the night before they came. Congratulations!!!!![​IMG]

3. trishok8

trishok8 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 18, 2008
    Scituate
    Congrats!!!
    Your going to fall in love the minute you open the box, I did.

4. Ga Chicken Mom

Ga Chicken Mom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 24, 2007
    Congrats to you! Hope the babies are all OK. Post some pics soon. After more than 8 months I still get a kick out of my chickies. Beware this site enables chicken addiction.

5. chickenranchwife

chickenranchwife Chillin' With My Peeps

Congratulations on your babies, you'll do just fine if you keep them warm and keep their bums clean. I'm happy for you jumping in the BYC club.

6. asher

asher Chicken Enabler Extraordinaire

Jan 26, 2007
    Mountains of NC
    Okay, even if though I'm working at the P.O, they'd better not call me at almost 1am to come get my chicks! [​IMG]

Hope they all arrived great!

7. Chickadee28

Chickadee28 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 20, 2007
    Western IL
    They are here safe and sound. I ordered 8 and received 9, I think the extra is another cuckoo maran, which is a little wobbly and looks tired, hopefully she'll perk up. One of the silkies looks like its toes are curled up or something. Otherwise they are eating and drinking and look great.

I ordered: 2 EE's , 1 buff orp, 1 sex link, 1 NN, 1 cuckoo maran(got 2), and 2 white silkies. I will post pics a little later, I want to let them settle in a bit. They are noisy little buggers!

8. asher

asher Chicken Enabler Extraordinaire

Jan 26, 2007
    Mountains of NC
    hehe Now you know why they called to come get them ASAP! [​IMG]

9. countryboy

countryboy Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 31, 2007
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by