They're here!!!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by grammyjladr, Aug 7, 2010.

1. grammyjladr

grammyjladr Out Of The Brooder

Jul 23, 2010
    I got my call from the Post office on Thursday morning. My babies arrived!!! They shipped from Natures hatchery in IL. on Wednesday and arrived at my post office at 4:30 AM Thursday morning in Washington State. The sad news is that three didn't make it out of 25. I was heart sick. One liitle Banty, I think it's a silkie is my favorite. "Baby" as she/he has become known was so weak. Baby was hand fed, hand watered and lived on that nice little spot he/she fit into nicely in my bra most of the first day for warmth. Baby was being overun by the rest. He/she is doing great now. Baby just slept on my chest and "helped me watch a movie tonight. G rated of course. Baby is doing fine now with his mates. I can't tell which babies I lost because I'm not sure what a chick of each breed looks like. I can't seen to find a web site with that info either. We did order about 18 breeds, with 5 being Rhode Island Reds. The others are a Chicken Bouquet! The Chicken house now referred to as either the chicken palace or the Hen Mansion is being worked on now. My son is building it, my step son cleared and fenced it, my son in law sold me all the lumber, and my DH paid for it all!! Each of the Grandbabies is claiming a chicken for their very own, but it will live with grammy and pops of course. We are delighted with our new charges and would like to thank the forum here for all the great information we have gleaned from the experienced fowl friends!! I will post pics soon. Just too busy lovin them right now.

2. katdam

katdam Chillin' With My Peeps

May 19, 2010
    texas
    congrates! sorry about the ones you lost....when i had my single EE i carried her around wraped in a towel..i never thought about my bra..that's a good idea..i'll do that next time if i need to!! that way i can be hands free! enjoy your new babies!!

3. justbugged

justbugged Head of the Night Crew for WA State

Jan 27, 2009
    Enumclaw
    Congratulations on your babies. Given the weather conditions across the country right now. It doesn't surprise me that a couple didn't make it. Great way to care for a little one. I have been known to use the same method to care for a special chick or two. [​IMG]

4. noodleroo

noodleroo Snuggles with Chickens

Apr 29, 2010
    Rockport, Tx
    Oh yes, pics please....

5. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    How exciting!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by