They're here!!!!!! :):):):)

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by kimntep, Sep 17, 2011.

1. kimntep

kimntep Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 30, 2010
    Ocala, Florida
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Peekaboo
    [​IMG]
    Is it a chicken or a penguin??

They are so adorable!! This is my first time, and Mary's, too! She's such an awesome mama and the babies look so perfect and healthy!
    There's 6 so far and she's setting 4 more eggs that should hatch today if at all. 2 feather-footed black, 2 all white, 1 feather-footed buff and 1 little brown stripey-looking guy that may be a bantam!

2. AFChick

AFChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 25, 2011
    Central NC
    [​IMG] Congrats! Such cuties [​IMG]

3. jmtcmkb

jmtcmkb Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 2, 2011
    New Hampshire
    how cute! I am counting the days til mine are here [​IMG]

4. brahmakid11

brahmakid11 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 23, 2011
    sitting on the toilet
    what breed are they???????

5. kimntep

Dec 30, 2010
    Ocala, Florida
    This has been the most fun!! Mary's gone broody 4 times in 6 mo., so hubs and I finally decided to let her go for it and she's so awesome! I came home from a long day at work to take care of the dogs yesterday afternoon before heading quickly back to the children's school for sports and I ran out to check on Mary and there they were! When we got home at 9 pm and ran out to check, there was 2 more! I so hope the other 4 hatch today!

The first 3 hatched Thursday night or Friday morning, then another Friday night, so when do I give up on the other 4? Today is their day 21, but they are from my two youngest hens who just started laying 2 months ago. Can they be as viable as any eggs from older girls???

6. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    How exciting! That has to be the cleanest broody box I've ever seen. I like the way the chicks peek from under the hen.

7. ceeceeholt

ceeceeholt Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 17, 2011
    Alabama
    So darn cute, great pictures [​IMG]

8. kimntep

Dec 30, 2010
    Ocala, Florida
    My laying hens are BO, RIR, WL and RSL..boys are a Gold Laced Cochin and my little bantam that looks like the Kellogg's Corn Flakes rooster in mini form. The two white babies are real smooth like my WL triplets and the little buff baby looks like a BO and I have no idea on the others yet. I so want the other 4 to hatch as I'm sure they are from my favorite girl, Peggy, who survived the coon attack and is such a sweetie!

9. kimntep

Dec 30, 2010
    Ocala, Florida
    Quote:She's in a bunny hutch alone and I've had to do very little to tidy up. She's been so awesome! She's wanted to be a mama for so long and she's just doing so well. I'm so proud of her and happy for her!

10. penut1799

penut1799 Out Of The Brooder

Dec 31, 2010
    North Fort Myers, FL
    So cute! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by