1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

They're pipping and I'm at work

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by horsejody, Jan 20, 2009.

1. horsejody

horsejody Squeaky Wheel

Feb 11, 2008
    Waterloo, Nebraska
    There are peeping noises coming out of my bator and one marans egg has a pip. And I have to be at work all day. [​IMG]

2. jj ranch

jj ranch Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2009
    PIPPING!!!! sorry you have to beat work. mine are due out today also. i hear cheeping and have cracks or pipping in 7 out of 11. how exciting. heres to the both of us [​IMG] at least it takes a long time so maybe the real excitement will hold off till you get home. [​IMG]

3. okiehen

okiehen Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 25, 2007
    Oklahoma
    Call in with the chicken pips. I wouldn't be able to leave them.
    Best of luck on your hatch you'll have babies when you get home.

4. miss_jayne

miss_jayne Lady_Jayne

Jun 26, 2008
    Columbiaville, MI
    oh gosh! just think, when you get home, there could be a cute welcoming party! [​IMG]

5. lockedhearts

lockedhearts It's All About Chicken Math

Apr 29, 2007
    Georgia
    I have had to go throught that before, it is excruitiating, but they will be fine, no matter how much you worry.

6. Buster

Buster Back to Work

I WISH I had to be at work all day while mine hatched. It would save the impatience. I have a pip right now and I've been getting my exercise running up and down the stairs to check on them.

7. horsejody

horsejody Squeaky Wheel

Feb 11, 2008
    Waterloo, Nebraska
    My son doesn't have to work until this afternoon so he and the dog can watch (yes, the dog loves to watch the chickies).

8. gypsy2621

gypsy2621 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 29, 2008
    New Hampshire
    Quote:Your getting sleepy, you have dark circles under your eyes, your nose is stuffing up, your bunion is flaring.. etc etc..[​IMG]
    make an excuse go home and happy pipping.

9. horsejody

horsejody Squeaky Wheel

Feb 11, 2008
    Waterloo, Nebraska
    DS says that there are 2 pips now. I can't stand it!![​IMG]

10. Wynette

Wynette Moderator Staff Member

Sep 25, 2007
    Michigan
    Hang in there! And congrats on a hatch beginning! I'm a big advocate of NOT helping, so sometimes it's a GOOD thing to not be there, as it takes the temptation away to do so! I'm sure they'll all be fine - make sure to post pics of your new fuzz butts! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by