They're pipping!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by JudyMcKinn, Dec 7, 2007.

1. JudyMcKinn

JudyMcKinn Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 24, 2007
    SW MO
    Hi,
    I've got about 40 eggs in my Little Giant, and day 21 starts at 4 p.m. this afternoon. When I got up this morning, I already have about 12 pips, that I can see thru the windows. Humidity 67. No one has progressed any further so far, but I can hear little peeps. Am looking forward to seeing what I manage to hatch out. Have about half of them RIR, and half of them will be standard size mix. And 2 that are Leghorn Mama and Buff Silkie papa. One of these eggs didn't look quite full enough when I candled last, but I hope one will hatch. Sounds like an interesting mix, doesn't it? [​IMG]

2. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

Good luck! [​IMG]

3. Poison Ivy

Poison Ivy Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2007
    Naples, Florida
    Good Luck and can't wait to see pics.

4. justusnak

justusnak Flock Mistress

Yeay Judy....babies babies babies!!

5. karri25

karri25 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 5, 2007
    Arkansas
    Woohoo, can't wait to see them!!!!!

6. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Hope it's going well, Judy!

7. JudyMcKinn

Jan 24, 2007
    SW MO
    Hmmmph. Just got home from town and now have 17 pipped, that I can see, and still no one very close to getting out?? They better get with it, before they start to worry me. LOL

8. Wynette

Wynette Moderator Staff Member

Sep 25, 2007
    Michigan
    Good luck, Judy! Hope you wake up tomorrow morning with some new, fuzzy fluffballs to look at!

9. leecey411

leecey411 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2007
    CONGRATS ON YOUR BABIES!!!
    I have one that is hatching and absolutely nothing from the rest. Maybe December babies like to go to 22 days!

10. JudyMcKinn

Jan 24, 2007
    SW MO
    Whew! Finally! 3 are out at 4:30 p.m. (actually just 30 minutes after day 21 started) LOL
    And a couple eggs have the pecking about 1/3 or 1/2 of the way around, so should be out before long. Hopefully several will hatch tonight. I have one of the white leghorn eggs pipped--daddy is buff Silkie, so am wondering what sort of mutt that will be, if he makes it. Started with 3 of these eggs, but one was not fertile,and one didn't look like it was developing as much as it should when I candled at day 18, so probably it had died. But am still hoping for the pipped one to succeed. They are peeping like crazy. Wish they would quit peeping and get to pipping. LOL

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by