They're SEVEN Weeks Old Now.. Blue Orps & Barred Rocks (PICS)

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by speckledhen, Feb 20, 2008.

1. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Took some pics today. The Splash Orp is getting his "splashy" feathers and look at the size diff between him and the Black Ameraucana. (if you have an opinion of the sex of the Ameraucana baby, spout off!). In the last pic is my only Orp pullet from this hatch, Delilah.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. hcammack

hcammack Overrun With Chickens

Oct 5, 2007
    Vermont
    Looks like you have alot of boys there cyn wish I could take one [​IMG] The splash boy is realy pretty where is he going? Hope that you get more pullets next time. How is the funny looking BR doing?

Henry

3. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

Wish I was closer so I could give him a home!!

4. speckledhen

My pal Frogtown is getting the Splash Boy. Yep, Henry, my friend, once again, I have broken the rooster record, LOL. The odd boy looks almost like a regular BR now. I picked him up today-I can still tell which one he is by the splotchy coloration-and he does look different, but to someone not familiar with the breed like I am, he may not seem any different. You and I would see the difference, however. I did get four BR pullets from this hatch, at least. And one Blue Orp/Buff Brahma cross girl with feathered legs who is black with the very faintest buff lacing on her chest area. You can barely see it. Obviously, I didnt get individual pics of all the chicks today. I'd need my DHs assistance for that. Maybe in a couple of days I can do that.

5. halo

halo Got The Blues

Nov 22, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    Great pictures! What are those 2 in the chair, are those BR hens?

6. texaschickmama

texaschickmama Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2007
    Poolville, TX
    I say the Ameracauna is a pullet, 7 wks I would think there would be a wider comb present, cuties.

7. sara

sara Title Needed Here

Love the picture of the splash and the BR on the roost, looks like they are snuggling. [​IMG]

8. Wildsky

Wildsky Wild Egg!

Oct 13, 2007
    California
    Quote:Yeah that is so cute they're all fluffy and look so darn cozy!!!

9. speckledhen

Yes, the two in the chair are a couple of my girls I get to keep. I sure hope you're right about the Ameraucana-that was my first instinct, but sometimes you'll have a late blooming boy with that breed. I've been fooled more than once with those sneaky little devils, but usually by this age, there is more indication of a cockerel. HER name is Gypsy and she's the daughter of Charlotte and Scout. Here is a pic of Splash boy showing that he's starting to get those dark feathers-
    [​IMG]

10. Ellie

Ellie Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 10, 2007
    Redding, Ca.
    My Gosh, they are beautiful birds. Love the colors.

Ellie

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by